Project Officer (Livelihood & MSME) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Project Officer (Livelihood & MSME) – Aldhalee
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 39 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 20 million beneficiaries with 6,300 international and national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Ibb, Hudaydah, Raymah, AlDhalee, Saadah, AlJawf, Aden, Dhamar and Marib.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
- Position: Livelihood and Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (Livelihood/MSME) Project Officer
- Department: Program
- Location: Aldhalee
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Contract Duration: 6 months
- Implementation of all livelihoods field tasks (Needs assessments, beneficiaries’ selections, registrations, program verification, activities monitoring, business training provision).
- Conduct technical assessments for potential targeting areas for defining new intervention areas.
- Contribute to the selection of beneficiaries for the MSME support and training according to guidelines set by the Cash Consortium of Yemen;
- Prepare project documents in accordance to ACTED Transparency and Compliance procedures
- Ensure community acceptance of the project through positive interactions and clear communication to beneficiaries in the field;
- Ensure the quality and efficiency of all field work done relevant to livelihoods.
- Weekly if not daily follow-up with MSME focal points, ensure availability and responsiveness.
- Participate in external coordination and technical meetings as requested by line-manager;
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including Government authorities and non-state actors as well as consortium partners;
- Develop and implement livelihoods activities and raise anything to adjust according to the context;
- To work with the local authorities to understand the market and the situation within which the targeting and implementation of the cash aspects of projects will be conducted;
- Ensure the integration of adapted approaches to respond to barriers for women and youth and their engagement in the workforce;
- Ensure that all MSME support-related interventions are in compliance with international norms and standards, national laws and policies, technical standards and organizational policies;
- Assist the Deputy Project Manager with the establishment or updating of SOPs and technical guidelines;
- With the DPM, lead in the design of MSME business training and workshop materials;
- Assess the project activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources; undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision;
- Identify and document lessons learned and best practices and share with line-manager and AME unit;
- Supervise and maintain master database containing all beneficiary’s registration information as well as MSMEs training and monitoring;
- Provide a monthly report about the general Markets situation in the areas of intervention the changes and challenges;
- Manage livelihoods databases ensuring data protection policy.
- Provide weekly reports on the activities progress as per internal and donor requirements;
- Coordination with the Complaint and Response Mechanism (CRM) team and adjust project activities (when relevant) in line with the AME unit’s recommendations;
- Reports ideas and information from project staff or field visits, which may assist in future project proposals. Such information will be included in reports;
- Provide monthly report about the market situation in areas of intervention;
- Document photos of activities implementation to ensure donor visibility is respected.
Team Management and Human Resources
- Supervise the team of project(s) assistants and community mobilizers in daily activities; Ensure that everyone understand and can perform their roles and responsibilities;
- Work directly with the project team to ensure the activity is conducted as planned and according to donor requirements;
- Ensures all activities are in line with general protection principles as relevant, including maintaining confidentiality of beneficiaries and colleagues;
- Ensure a positive working environment and good dynamics; Manage interpersonal conflicts;
- Support line-manager upon request with capacity building of the project team;
- Raise Request for Staff Recruitment (RSR) in a timely manner for daily workers recruitment and follow up on request status with the HR department (with supervision from Deputy Project Manager).
Security & Liaison
- Ensure timely departure and return from the field;
- Consider/anticipate safety and security issues in the field for yourself, the team and the beneficiaries;
- Immediately report all incidents to the Deputy Project Manager and/or to the security focal point through the Security Incident Reporting (SIR) mechanism upon request from the DPM;
- Organize and participate in external meetings with community leaders, relevant authorities, and other project stakeholders to foster ACTED programmers’ acceptance.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in economy or business administration;
- Good command of English;
- Strong communication skills;
- Proficient knowledge of office packages (especially Excel);
- Two years’ experience with an INGO in livelihoods / MSMEs / Start-ups and proven high level of competence in working in economic and market settings and development-related programs;
- Proven ability to successfully provide training, capacity building and team supervision;
- Experience in community engagement and beneficiaries’ identification;
- Field oriented personality and organizational skills required.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from ACTED
Deputy Project Manager (WASH & Shelter)Deadline:04 Apr | Dhamar
Livelihood & Information Management Project AssistantDeadline:12 Apr | Al-Dale'a