Programs Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Yemen AlKhair for Relief and Development (YARD) is seeking to recruit:
Position: Programs Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Duration: Until 31/12/2022, renewable based on fund availability.
Deadline: 20 January, 2022
Brief Overview: Yemen AlKhair for Relief and Development Foundation (YARD) is a National/Local NonGovernment Foundation established for providing humanitarian assistance to individuals and community development and disaster relief, since 2013. YARD has been implementing various emergency, relief and development projects, as it has presence in 4 governorates in Yemen. Its programs are supported by UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA and UNOCHA. YARD is undertaking programs in the fields of CCCM, Shelter/NFIs, Protection, Cash Assistance, Education, WASH and Livelihood Programming, targeting IDPs, host communities and the most vulnerable individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall YARD programs management, and technical guidance to projects’ staff.
- Proven local knowledge, planning, assessment and analytical skills. Proven excellent report and proposal writing skills, supported by a high level of attention to detail and the ability to compile comprehensive reports for donors.
- Formulate, organize and monitor projects within all YARD programs.
- Lead and evaluate program coordinators and other staff under YARD programs
- Apply change, risk and resource management.
- Resolve projects’ higher scope issues.
- Responsible for program financial management, and that all expenditures are in line with YARD and donor compliance standards.
- Ensure projects are in line with YARD strategy and consequently follow YARD vision and mission.
- Manage monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems and processes, ensuring projects’ staff is clear on what is required, and that quality is maintained as per agreed standards, lessons learnt are documented and applied for current and future projects.
- Review and finalize all programs report, both narrative & quantitative.
- Be directly responsible for fundraising opportunities to expand projects under YARD programs.
- Develop productive working relationships with all stakeholders including; community leaders and representatives, Government officials, NonGovernmental Organizations both local and international, and donor.
- As and when requested, represent YARD in external forums, ensuring the YARD profile is positively maintained as per YARD values, objectives, strategy and advocacy plan. This includes proactively representing in cluster coordination, donors’ meetings and maintaining contact with relevant local authorities’ other agencies; ensuring that YARD mandate, vision, approach an activity is understood and accepted.
- Responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task including field visits to other governorates to supervise, implement YARD projects.
- Comply with YARD policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, child protection, equal opportunities, security and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and nondiscrimination.
- Represent YARD in the cluster’s meetings and other relevant meetings with the local authorities.
- manages incoming and outgoing correspondence (email) and replies to and looks after correspondence (replies)
- Any other related duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A recognized Master degree or professional qualification in: business administration and management; development studies; or a related field.
- At least Seven year’s proven experience as a Program Manager or other managerial position.
- Experience of monitoring, evaluation accountability and learning.
- Prior working experience with NGOs.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
- Good understanding economic environment, challenges and opportunities.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Have strong orientation about humanitarian and development programs in Yemen.
- A good understanding of gender aspects.
- Willingness and ability to undertake frequent travel to the field.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively with attention to details and an orderly approach to tasks.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team working skills.
- Flexibility in working diverse situations with unpredictable working hours.
- A positive problemsolving approach and enthusiasm to learn and apply new skills.
- Excellent level of computer proficiency.
Skills and languages:
- English and Arabic
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل