WASH Team Leader This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
WASH Team Leader
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
Geographic scope: Country (Yemen)
DRC Yemen is seeking an experienced WASH Team Leader at Dhamar Governorate to coordinate WASH activities. It is a key DRC position, with DRC expecting that the post holder with be qualified and possess WASH and civil engineering skills, knowledge and attitude to be immediately effective in the field. These include the active involvement and the full participation by all authorities and community leaders/members, paying special attention to women and girls. The WASH team Leader in Dhamar governorate will report directly to the North Area Manager and technically to WASH Specialist and Infrastructure Specialist at Country Office
Overall purpose of the role
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief services at worldwide since 1956, and working in Yemen since 2008 responding to the protection, WASH and Livelihoods needs of IDPs, migrants, children and local communities in collaboration with key national and international agencies. The WASH Team Leader at Dhamar Governorate is a critical position to provide the above services.
- Co-ordinate and work with government authorities, local government institutions, non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations and local communities in order to ensure the smooth execution of projects’ activities.
- Ensure the buy-in and participation of local communities in projects’ activities.
- Participate in coordination meetings and share information with external stakeholders as appropriate.
Implementation of projects:
- Oversee the design and implementation of related surveys and other data collection activities.
- Supervise technical assessments of projects to determine options and select best solutions based on technical, cost criteria and community priorities.
- Develop/Review BoQs and drawings and procure technical services in line with DRC contracting procedures.
- With the MEAL team, develop and implement mechanisms to monitor projects performance, in consultation with local stakeholders, against work plans and project targets.
Leadership and technical support tasks:
- Identify and prepare ToRs and contracts for technical consultants, as needed.
- Provide technical support and capacity building for the team members at field level.
- Follow-up projects budget, including monthly review of expenditures, ensuring that funds are used for approved purposes and in accordance with DRC requirements.
- Monitor/supervise technical interventions to ensure they are implemented according to agreed standards and within budget / take appropriate remedial action if/when these standards are not being met.
- Ensure that the projects are implemented in accordance with DRC and donor policies and procedures.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports, as needed, and attend DRC regular meetings.
- Ensure staff compliance with DRC’s Code of Conduct and humanitarian accountability requirements.
- Liaise regularly with partners and represent DRC in sub-cluster and partners’ meetings.
- Contribute to proposal writing and donor reporting.
Required experience and competencies
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- At least 2 years of direct experience in WASH projects.
- Solid planning, budgeting, M&E and computer skills.
- Solid team leading skills
- Excellent social/diplomacy skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of guidance.
- INGO experience preferred.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- University degree in civil engineering.
- Excellent English language (written and spoken)
- Excellent report writing skills including editing the work of others.
- Fluency in Arabic language (written and spoken)
- DRC different sectors;
- WASH Cluster and its partners;
- Local authorities and community leaders;
Contract length: DRC will offer the successful applicant a Six Month contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Work place: Dhamar
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National. This position will be placed at level (NMG).
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل