CFW Sub-Engineer (2) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
(2) CFW Sub-Engineer -Lahj/Aden
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries with 300 international staff and 4,400 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Al Hodeidah, Raymah, Al Dhale’e, Saadah, Al Jawf, Aden, and Dhamar.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: CFW Sub-Engineer (2)
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 3 months
- Overall Supervision of community assets rehabilitation works of the rehabilitation site/sites through CFW scheme in accordance with ACTED guidelines and ACTED SOPs and humanitarian principles (such as SPHERE standards);
- Observing and follow up all fieldworks related to all selected community assets/infrastructures (rehabilitation /new build) through CFW scheme in the projects;
- The supervision and observing of the implementation of all community assets infrastructures rehabilitation work through CFW scheme, according to the technical studies timeline plans of work and according to BOQs for the project too with non-violation;
- Ensure quality training of beneficiaries, MCs and involving them throughout the implementation process to ensure quality and sustainability;
- Proper usage of items and ensuring safety measures while construction/rehabilitation of community assets as per project guidelines;
- Identify general achievement of fieldwork and attendance of workers and submitted them all to the CFW Engineer or management of the project;
- Filling all supported forms by CFW Engineer and daily, weekly and closing reports and any other needed reports of the program management;
- Conduct assessment of community infrastructures when needed;
- Provide advice, guidance and technical support to contractors/suppliers and daily workers to ensure achievements on time based on technical criteria;
- Understand all the project related documents for each of the sites such as: bill of quantities (BOQs), work plan, feasibility studies, monitoring and evaluation plan and the procurement plan;
- Assist in developing a quality control process throughout the CFW rehabilitation activities and train field teams, skilled and unskilled labors to conduct quality control checks as planned;
- Undertakes technical assessment, and ensure quality and accurate technical specifications are incorporated into the community infrastructures rehabilitation designs;
- Provide technical advisory for skilled workers during the CFW activity implementation;
- Ensure timely completion of CFW schemes after identification on a need basis and as per project objectives through community and other stakeholders.
Reports and documents required:
- Maintain skilled and unskilled workers attendance sheets and other documents as per Project /ACTED Guidelines;
- Maintain documentation related to the CFW materials and tools for proper usage and submit work completion certificates as per project needs and criteria;
- Reports of achievement of daily, weekly and closing to CFW Engineer and the project management;
- Print reports in color and presented in (Technical Coordinator) regularly every two weeks to CFW Engineer and project management;
- Submission of photographs showing employment in the project and implemented all of the period of the completion of the 5 days copied in (Technical Coordinator);
- Documenting the project (Reports + pictures and video), which operates the project shows the mechanism of the program and ensure that donor visibility is respected;
- Verification and signing logistics documentation where and as required;
- Liaising with program staff of other ACTED teams to ensure that information is shared and that lessons learned are developed;
- Suggestion of the operation and maintenance of the future of the project for the MCs;
- Gather construction work information and edit the work plan report every week;
- Ensure gather GPS points of sites of intervention, to be provided to database assistant;
- Proper filling in of project documents according to donor and ACTED procedures, with support for the Compliance Officer based at the base;
- Report, in a timely manner, any issues causing a change or delay to the planned work;
- Any additional reports, forms or documents asked by CFW Engineers or project management.
- Report and clarify any work-related issues and challenges to supervisor in a timely manner;
- Respect time including work, meetings, deadlines and other reasonable requests;
- Maintain a good team spirit amongst staff and colleagues;
- Commit to honest, high-quality work in the field;
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably assigned by management;
- Consider safety and security in the field, immediately report all incidents to the security focal point.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering;
- Ability to lead skilled and unskilled labors and/or contractor’s workers at Rehabilitation sites;
- Ability to ensure the work quality according to CFW Engineer instructions;
- Knowledge of designing and implementing CFW activities;
- Good knowledge of SPHERE Standards;
- Computer skills (AutoCAD, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- 2 years of experience in CFW related activities;
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and in changing circumstances.
- Previous experience with ACTED;
- Previous experience conducting technical assessment;
- English skills
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل