Psychosocial Support Worker
National Staff Position
Position: Psychosocial Support Worker
Job site: 3 Posts: Taiz city (2 posts) - Al-Turba (1 Post)
Report to: PSS Supervisor
Supervisor of: CFS animators.
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people
Project title: Emergency multi-sector response for Yemen in Taiz Governorates
The project provides an integrated multi-sector response within Taiz governorates, further building on previous BHA-funded actions. The new intervention aims at enlarging the geographical coverage area in order to address specific gaps and needs, with particular attention to Taiz city, considering the high concentration of IDPs and the limited humanitarian presence in this area (especially for protection). The project provides for protection services (prevention and response), combined with nutritional care and treatment for CU5 and PLW suffering from acute malnutrition, and with WASH services for conflict affected communities. The WASH component provides targeted communities with both soft and hard services, including rehabilitation of drinking water supply and outreach through hygiene promotion.
The PSS Worker will work closely with the PSS Supervisor, the peer SW and Volunteers to ensure that all structured and semi-structured activities under the project are designed and implemented at high efficiency. Activities include supporting identified children and adults through the provision of collective psychosocial/psychological support, and referral.
1. Conduct a variety of structured and unstructured activities (recreational, psycho-social and informal skills training) for beneficiaries, catering to the various psycho-social needs and interests of different beneficiary groups (adults, adolescents, children);
2. Prepare for structured psycho-social support activities by carefully reading the PSS SOPs and Curriculum Manuals and preparing all required material and equipment in advance;
3. Conduct recreational activities with children and adults such as sports activities, arts and crafts, dance music, drama etc;
4. Support community resource persons in the implementation of vocational and skill trainings;
5. Facilitate the participation of all segments of the target population in the planned activities ensuring the inclusion of the most vulnerable groups;
6. Ensure that during all activities proper attention is paid to specific emotional and physical needs;
7. Monitor beneficiaries’ progress during psychosocial support activities and identify persons with unusual changes in behavior or other signs of psychosocial distress for referral to a Social Worker or Psychologist;
8. Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles including but not limited to: do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality and accountability;
9. Conduct focus group discussions and other participatory activities to engage community members in protection activities and to better understand their needs and interests;
10. Engage community volunteers in planned activities held at the community center according to a planned activity schedule;
11. Ensure a safe, friendly and non-discriminatory environment is upheld during all activities;
12. Participate in and lead community-wide safety planning exercises to ensure involvement of adolescents and their caregivers.
13. Participate and assist project staff in the provision of awareness raising sessions.
1. Use agreed-upon monitoring and evaluation tools to track their participation in activities and collect their feedback
2. Maintain daily attendance registers and monthly inventory sheets for each activity conducted;
3. Complete additional tasks assigned by Supervisor.
4. Provide regular updates and reports to PSS Supervisor on common threats and needs of beneficiaries to inform program design and advocacy initiatives.
1. Participate in meetings and trainings in and outside the centres including case management meetings and case conferences;
2. Ensure well coordination with the different teams within INTERSOS, for internal referrals such as legal assistance, cash assistance or other services provided by INTERSOS
3. Commit to participate to any other task in order to achieve the project overall objective;
4. Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
- BA in social work – social sciences;
- Strong knowledge of psycho-social programming in the humanitarian context
- Demonstrated familiarity with protection guiding principles, standards and procedures, including relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies;
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectoral counterparts/referral pathways;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy);
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS.
- Native Arabic – Good written and spoken English:
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment:
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity:
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks:
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented;
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management;
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills;
- Practical and problem-solver:
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
How to Apply
- Deadline for submission of application: 22 September 2021
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from INTERSOS
Livelihood OfficerDeadline:22 Sep | Aden
Child Protection Social WorkerDeadline:22 Sep | Taiz , Taiz (Al-Turba)
Child Protection (CP) Activity CoordinatorDeadline:22 Sep | Taiz (Al-Turba)
Psychosocial Support SupervisorDeadline:22 Sep | Taiz (Al-Turba) , Taiz
Data Entry OfficerDeadline:25 Sep | Taiz