Mental Health Worker/ Psychologist This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
For our program in Yemen, we are seeking 03-qualified and highly motivated [MHW/PSYCHOLOGIST]; the positions will be based in multiple locations at ADEN.
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Job Reference Number: MDM/ADN/MED/1121/011
Position: Mental Health Worker/ PSYCHOLOGIST
Location: Aden (Multiple locations)
Reporting to: Field Manager
Technical Line: MHPSS Supervisor
Under the field management of the field manager, and technical management of the MHPSS supervisor and with the close collaboration with the Health and Protection teams, the psychologist will be responsible for providing MDM focused and non-specialized mental health and psychosocial support intervention as individual and/or group beneficiaries’ services based on the identified psychological or social needs. And He/She will be responsible for building referral links to MDM health and protection service providers and external specialized services. He/She contributes to the community-level psychosocial support activities and the data collection.
• Deliver MDM MHPSS services through individual and group counseling sessions in close collaboration with the health and protection teams or other identified teams.
• Participate in the related capacity building sessions, meetings, training, and MDM activities
• Provide technical support to PSSW and the protection team if needed.
• Participate in data collection and reporting
• Provide technical support to the community volunteers (CVs) in the identification of beneficiaries in need of MHPSS interventions.
1 - TASKS DESCRIPTION:
184.108.40.206.1 TASK ONE: Provide targeted mental health and psychosocial support services
1.1. Individual Psychosocial Counselling :
1.1.1. Delivers different types of individual MHPSS interventions (Supportive short-term and longer-term Counseling), following MDM SOPs and intervention Framework and international evidence-based MHPSS in emergencies and recovery guidelines and tools such as the ones developed by the WHO (PM+, Doing What Matters in Times of Stress, etc).
1.1.2. Provide one-on-one counseling sessions to adult beneficiaries suffering from mild to moderate psychological symptoms, by following MDM MHPSS internal framework, SOPs and data collection tools, and international guidelines such as the IASC
1.1.3. Work with beneficiaries to develop an individualized treatment plan based on the assessment in line with their own choices, available options, and existing situation.
1.1.4. Provide basic support and guidance to family members to help them provide ongoing support to severe cases.
1.1.5. Provide child counseling sessions involving the child's parents/caregivers through offering family counseling or psycho-education session.
1.2. Group Counselling Sessions
1.2.1. Provide support group sessions for adult, adolescent, and children beneficiaries, by following the MDM MHPSS framework, SOPs, international MHPSS guidelines, and clinical protocols such as the ones developed by the WHO.
1.2.2. Carry out and facilitate different types of group sessions for targeted groups.
1.2.3. Internally refer cases in need of individual counseling.
1.3. Case Management :
1.3.1. Provide appropriate internal and external referrals, follow up, monitor all referral cases, and ensure timely turn around of assessment reports and other needed interventions.
1.3.2. Receive and manage referrals from or to the health and protection team or others.
1.3.3. Provide appropriate referrals to specialized interventions, coordinate with the MHPSS Supervisor and medical supervisor.
1.3.4. Contribute to the development of a reliable referral system with MDM health and protection service providers
1.3.5. Develop individual care and safety plans
1.3.6. Collect beneficiary data documentation ;
1.3.7. Maintain and promote beneficiary confidentiality regarding beneficiary information and records, and ensure informed consent for appropriate cases and management plans ;
1.3.8. Work closely with the MHPSS supervisor and -MHPSS Co-if needed- in severe cases and at-risk cases
220.127.116.11.2 TASK TWO: Support the community volunteers (CVs), PSSW, and other staff members in the identification of beneficiaries in need of specific psychological counselling (individual or group support)
2.1. Participate in the identification and selection of Community Volunteers (CVs).
2.2. Working closely with the MHPSS supervisors in providing regular capacity building of Community Volunteers (CVs), PSSW, and other staff members in Mental Health-related topics.
2.3. Providing technical support and supervision to the Community Volunteers (CVs) -PSSW and other staff members-if needed- through regular follow-ups.
18.104.22.168.3 TASK THREE: Reporting
3.1. Provide timely progress reports, including both quantitative and qualitative information, on MHPSS interventions and activities.
3.2. Being in charge of the MHPSS materials and making the liaise with the logistic department for the procurement of the needed activities items based on MDM guidelines.
3.3. Immediate reporting for at-risk cases.
3.4. In close collaboration with the MHPSS supervisor, contribute to the MHPSS statistic reports
3.5. Report any incident or act that causes any harm to the beneficiary or others.
22.214.171.124.4 TASK FOUR: Capacity building:
4.1. Participates in the capacity-building sessions performed by the MHPSS supervisor and MHPSS Co or other MDM staff members.
4.2. Receive technical inputs and regular supervision from the MHPSS supervisor.
4.3. Plan and implement closely with the MHPSS supervisor and medical Coordinator, internal and external MHPSS workshops, training, and capacity building.
4.4. Propose, develop and implement capacity-building training on topics related to MHPSS to the Base staff- If needed.
4.5. Participate in weekly case discussions meetings.
4.6. Participate in Yemen MHPSS monthly meetings.
126.96.36.199.5 TASK FIVE: Demonstrate ethical and professional practice:
5.1. Document all beneficiary data accurately in the MHPSS forms and ensure they are under lock.
5.2. Record the beneficiary and activity data accurately according to the guidelines, ensuring data protection.
5.3. Ensure that the MHPSS tools are accurately updated regularly.
5.4. Respect beneficiary confidentiality at all times
5.6. Perform the psychosocial intake assessment and without risking the beneficiary’s safety.
5.7. Ensure the safety and security of all beneficiaries.
5.8. Respect and promote MDM Policies and code of conduct
5.9. Address needs and requests of beneficiaries in a respectful and Professional manner
5.10. Always interact with children in the presence of their parents or caregivers.
5.11. Always respect a refusal of MHPSS intervention or activates.
5.12. Maintain good socio-professional relationships with national and international partners.
5.13. Attend MDM team meetings and give qualitative inputs.
5.14. Flexibility in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- To maintain good socio-professional relationships with national and international partners
- To attend training when required by MdM
- To attend team meetings and to give qualitative inputs
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Strictly respect the confidentiality of data, property of beneficiaries, and MdM and respect confidentiality regarding the content of clinical interviews, except when exchanging information with the medical team in charge and within a professional frame
• Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or counseling.
• Clinical Diploma is preferred.
• Training on PFA, PM+, Resilience group, Family Psychoeducation, child counseling.
• Minimum two years of experience in a similar position with NGO/INGOs
• Experience working with PM+ approach, and resilience groups
• Experience in providing MHPSS training Proven clinical experience as a Counselor or psychologist in the direct provision of counseling and -psychosocial support services to adults and children.
• Experience in working with vulnerable/marginalized population
• Have a good modulation of voice and confidence in communicating in public.
• Work as a team player and has flexibility in his/her work
• Experience working in humanitarian emergency settings is an asset
• Willing to stay in the areas of intervention.
• Good knowledge of computers.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Good Knowledge of the Arabic Language will be an advantage
Availability: As soon as possible
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل