Technical Support Consultant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
National Consultancy to Support Insider Mediators
Search for Common Ground (Search) is a non-governmental organization working to transform the way the world deals with conflict. We have acquired over 35 years of experience in peacebuilding and are based in over 30 countries around the world. In each project Search seeks to engage all stakeholders to work together to address shared challenges and develop joint solutions. We have led programmes around the world to help societies channel their differences away from adversarial approaches and towards collaborative solutions, with activities that range from conflict mediation and peace education to stabilization and women’s empowerment. Search’s mission in Yemen is to promote a culture of dialogue and diversity through the involvement of all components of society, while reinforcing their capacities. Search-Yemen is working during the ongoing conflict to help members of Yemeni society approach conflicts and differences in a constructive manner, through cooperation and dialogue. Search-Yemen is currently operating in eight governorates and maintains relationships with a wide and robust network of local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs).
Duration: 4 months
Location: Aden with visits to multiple cities
The project aims at strengthening the social cohesion between Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and Host Communities (HCs) in multiple cities. The Consultant employed under this project will report to the project manager and work closely with other team members to provide technical assistance to Insider Mediators IMs from both host communities and IDPs. The project It is structured around two specific objectives, namely: S01: To equip target communities with the skills and resources to mediate tensions between IDPs and HCs in target communities; SO2: To provide a sustainable platform for target communities to continue mediation efforts after the close of the project. This will be achieved through supporting the following activities: Assessing Insider Mediators’ Needs; building their capacity to scan and analyze local conflicts; facilitating community consultations; and, Establishing Conflict Resolution Committees (CRCs) as means of action sustainability to enable Insider Mediators and other community leaders identify, prioritize, and seek solutions to local conflicts after the close of the project.
The consultant will report to the Project Manager and will work closely with other team members, and is responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain good lines of communication and relationships with local authorities and the local community.
- Ensures the agreed project management methods, standards, and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop action plans for project implementation, including all technical specifications for project implementation.
- Assist in ensuring the quality of conflict cases scanned.
- Oversee and ensure quality implementation of actors involved in the program;
- Coordinates M&E data, activity results, and documentation with Search M&E team and Project Manager.
- Supervise and be responsible for all technical aspects of daily project implementation, ensure they are completed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
- Coordinates and supports other team coordinators, officers and assistants on all issues related to program implementation.
- Regular communication with Operations department concerning procurement of supplies.
- Ensures quality filing and reporting systems for project activities, feeding into reports to donors on implementation progress and achieved results.
- Support to prepare manuals, brochure and other relevant IEC materials on promoting women’s inclusion in peacebuilding.
- Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of program implementation.
- Carries out frequent field visits to targeted districts to manage and supervise project’s activities and gives feedback and guidance to implementing local partners, facilitators and consultants.
- Keeps Project Manager informed of progress achieved and challenges faced (through regular reports).
- Prepares regular reports and documentation of activities conducted.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation and maintain the highest standards of behavior when working with the community targeted.
- Adherence to all organizational policies and procedures as outlined in Search policies and procedure manuals.
- Follow all organizational protocols and regulations according to guidance provided by HR department.
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- A university degree or equivalent certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognized establishment or equivalent experiences.
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in a comparable position including extensive fieldwork.
- Previous experience in community engagement and peacebuilding programing in the Yemeni context.
- Demonstrated good skills and experience in administrative, organizational, and operational project work.
- Strong experience in coordinating and planning community outreach activities.
- Ability to analyze and present information in a clear manner.
- Good knowledge of Yemeni conflict context and previous field experience (preferably in southern Yemen).
Skills and Competencies
- Strong team leadership and technical expertise are critical.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, hard-working, servant-hearted.
- Maintains focus on priorities.
- Self‐starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to think independently and problem solve.
- Demonstrates excellence in both oral and written communications.
- Ability to coordinate all aspects of an event including logistics, correspondence, and financial reports.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office and Excel).
- Flexible to work under pressure and remote areas.
- English fluency and writing skills are required.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل