National Staff Position
Position: Reporting Officer
Job site: roving - Aden based, but with weekly visits to Jabal Habashi/Taiz and Ataq/Shabwa
Report to: Project Manager and Protection Coordinator
Supervises: Data entry Officers
Status: Full-time Staff
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
The proposed intervention targets existing protection gaps and needs in Jabal Habashi (Al-Shuraja sub-district, Taiz) and Ataq (Shabwa) through provision of integrated emergency protection service package for the most vulnerable conflict and displacement-affected people. While the intensity of fighting has given no signs of abating but further increased in 2021 – especially in Marib and Hudaida but also in Taiz (e.g. Al-Maqbana district), increasing influx of IDPs was reported since mid-2021 to Jabal Habashi and Ataq. Humanitarian needs of IDPs in these districts are large, while protection needs are critically unaddressed. Vulnerable groups (e.g. children, women, persons with disability, etc.) face disproportionate and specific challenges to their physical and mental well-being. Against this background, the proposed intervention targets the protection needs of conflict and displacement affected persons in the two districts, especially for persons with specific needs (PwSN), CP cases and women protection survivors. The response is grounded in the theory that if access to and knowledge of protection services for conflict and displacement affected persons is increased, then there will be reduced suffering, increased dignity, though live-saving services provided for conflict and displacement affected persons, particularly women, children and other vulnerable individuals. In 2 Community Centers (CC), INTERSOS teams will provide individual case management (ICM) services – focus on CP, women protection and PwSN; provide collective PSS for adults and children aimed at enhanced family resilience and community solidarity; enhance community-based protection mechanisms and community resilience by enrolling community outreach volunteers; run livelihoods/skills training permitting social-economic integration of women/girls at risk and women protection survivors; and lastly run awareness raising and information sharing on protection-related services and issues. The ICM package comprises identification, psycho-social first aid (PSFA), psychosocial counseling (PSC), and internal and external referrals for specialized services, in addition to follow-up and case closure. Internal referral within the project for specialized services include legal assistance, psychological counseling, cash for protection and livelihoods.
The Reporting officer is responsible for the efficient, correct, timely implementation of the data collection, data elaboration and analysis, draft of project reports.
Keep abreast of all developments in the activity to prepare appropriate reports, briefing and background notes, and other documentation as required
Data collection management and analysis:
- Ensure that the staff in the field provide all the information collected as per monthly activities on time for the monthly report.
- Prepare on monthly basis: monthly report, PAT and other reports requested by PM or/and senior management.
Data management and analysis:
- Develop a rapid and efficient system to collect rapidly new information when requested from the senior management.
- Develop a data/information collection system able to report urgent protection issue immediately
Support to the Project manager:
- Support the PM in the capacity building of the data entry and to improve the monitoring tools that are currently used.
- Support the PM in the review and cleaning of databases.
- Support the PM to updates the reporting format according with the PM and donor requirement.
- Support the PM in organize PDM exercises and assessments
- Collect quality pictures and develop human interest stories
- Support the project manager with weekly, monthly, mid-year and yearly reports and trend analysis: data, statistics, graphics and table should be produced, as required by INTERSOS management; support INTERSOS in the preparation of reports and matrixes;
- Ensure the respect of the principle of confidentially and do not disclose any information related to work other than to discuss case management teams and their own cases or with the supervisors outlined on any cases.
- When needed and applicable, facilitate the communication of INTERSOS staff, both in written and verbal, through translation and interpretation, support in drafting communications;
- Ensure, when needed and applicable, written communication between INTERSOS staff and the management, by translating forms, e-mails, reports and any other relevant documents (including translation from/into English, if applicable), respecting given deadlines and ensuring that any cases that are behind schedule are flagged for follow up;
- Any other task not listed here and necessary for the project implementation assignments given by supervisors.
Any other task requested in order to achieve the project’s objectives.
Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
Overall, these tasks require:
- Adherence to Humanitarian principles of Neutrality, Impartiality, Independence, and Humanity
- Clear & timely communications to line management
- Full abiding by INTERSOS internal rules and guidelines and respect INTERSOS Charter of Value and Code of Ethics
- Hold an BA in social sciences or related fields
- At least 2 year of professional experience working in data processing/data management/reporting capacity with NGO in Yemen
- Familiarity with protection principles, standards and procedures, terminology
- Proven computer skills (proven computer literacy), especially in excel, word and other data base software, database management skills
- Knowledge of KOBO and ODK programmes for smart tool data collection would be as asset
- Excellent reporting skills (English) and ability to deliver accurate translations (English Arabic and Arabic English)
- Native Arabic - excellent written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan and output-oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
How to Apply
- Deadline for submission of application: 18 January 2022
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from INTERSOS
Logistics OfficerDeadline:18 Jan | Aden
Operational Risk Assessment OfficerDeadline:18 Jan | Aden
Project ManagerDeadline:18 Jan | Sana'a , Aden
Activity Coordinator – Migrants Response Team (MRT)Deadline:18 Jan | Abyan
PsychologistDeadline:18 Jan | Shabwah , Taiz