Food Security and Livelihoods Technical Advisor This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Food Security and Livelihoods Technical Advisor
Reports to: Deputy Country Director -Programs
Direct Reports : No direct line management
Travel: At least 50% within country/program areas
Note: Position is open for Yemeni Nationals only.
Duration: Till April 30, 2022, Renewable based on fund availability and Performance.
RI Mission & Vision: Relief International is a humanitarian and development non-profit agency that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development assistance to communities worldwide. RI partners with communities in fragile settings to save lives and build resilience, dignity, and long-term well-being. All communities in fragile settings can achieve long-term well-being.
The Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) Advisor is responsible for providing technical support to RI Yemen program teams in order to successfully design and implement high quality food security and livelihoods programs. S/hewill be responsible for staff capacity building and providing regular guidance and feedback on the quality of FSL activities. S/he will assist RI in carrying out comprehensive assessments/research to understand the underlying causes of food insecurity in RI target areas, identifying appropriate programming options to inform program development initiatives, and building staff capacity in the area of livelihood and food security. The FSL Advisor is responsible for the development and good implementation of the FSL sector strategy and is expected to play a key role in promoting RI’s strategy to adopt the Humanitarian Development Nexus Strategy approach to build /strengthen community resilience.
1. Role and responsibilities
The following are the specific the roles and responsibilities of the FSL Technical advisor
1. Conduct technical review of internal and external reports tosupport RI obligations to donors
2. Take proactive steps to integrate Livelihoods & Food Security into other RI programmes and promote the uptake of appropriate approaches that enable RI to deliver cash and market-based and safe programmes better
3. In collaboration with relevant colleagues, develop staff capacity in evidence-based Livelihoods and Food Security programme in humanitarian settings.
4. Provide technical leadership in responding to emergencies, market-based programming, innovation, protection, environment and nutrition sensitive programming in the Livelihoods and Food Security sector
5. Develop a fit-for-purpose system and tools for Continuous Quality Improvement and Learning in Livelihoods & Food Security programmes; and proactively document and disseminate lessons learnt internally (country office, regional and global) and externally in coordination mechanisms, donor meetings, etc.
6. Collaborate closely with M & E teams as well as other sector TAs to conduct market assessments, and ensure that these remain up-to-date to ensure evidence-based strategy development and decision making in programme design
7. Work alongside Area Managers and program staff to ensure FSL projects are implemented in accordance to the highest technical standards
8. Lead the development of a robust and context specific Livelihoods and Food Security strategy, outlining the key approaches , activities/outputs and intended outcomes relevant to the prevailing context
9. Proactively work closely with the Deputy Country Director- Program in defining the funding plan/strategy for the Livelihoods & Food Security sector and provide sound and proactive technical leadership for developing winning proposals to donors
10. Collaborate and support the establishment of strategic partnerships with other institutions that can support RIs work amplifying the impact of RI work in Yemen
11. Represent RI primarily at relevant forums including FSAC cluster, Cash and Markets working group, IPC exercise.
12. Proactively undertake any additional duties as may be necessary to promote the work of RI and as requested by Deputy Country Director Program
- DcD Programs, Deputy Area Managers, Program/Project Managers, Awards and Grants team, WASH, Health and Nutrition, Protection, MEAL and Partnership TAs, Global Cash Advisor
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum 4 years demonstrated work experience in livelihoods and food security programming preferably at Technical Advisor level
- Prior experience working in a complex/protracted humanitarian context in the Middle East region or similar context is preferred
- University degree in a relevant area; agriculture, rural/urban economic development, or other relevant social sciences; Master’s qualification in related area is an advantage
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in both Arabic English languages, both written and verbal.
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Solid experience in livelihoods, food security, market based and social protection or resilience programming in protracted crisis and Nexus.
- Experience in community based and participatory programme planning and implementation approaches, with operational experience in emergency livelihoods & food security programming (agricultural, livestock, cash, voucher, in-kind food assistance) using conflict sensitive approaches
- Familiar with conducting market assessments and Value Chain Analysis
- Good understanding of and experience in Economic Inclusion, Urban programming and Youth programming
- Understanding of environment and climate change in relation to food security, and how to promote appropriate mitigation and adaptation initiatives.
- Experience of applying analytical principles that structure household economic analysis and livelihoods approach
- Good understanding of key technical standards (SPHERE, HAP, MERS, LEGS, gender mainstreaming)
- Demonstrate ability in thinking creatively and innovatively, initiate pilots and practically to improve the quality of projects
- Demonstrate ability in conceptual, analytical and critical thinking with the ability to develop strategies
- Strong capacity building, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Strong capacity in influencing and liaison with a range of external stakeholders
- Proven experience in proposal writing with effective communication skills including fluency (speaking and writing) in English
Guided by the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence, as well as “Do No Harm,” Relief International Values:
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل