Administrative Associate This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Description of assignment title: Administrative Associate
Assignment country: Yemen
Expected start date: 07/08/2022
Sustainable Development Goal: 16. Peace, justice and strong institutions
Volunteer category: National UN Volunteer Specialist
DoA reserved for persons with disabilities: No
Host entity: UNDP
Duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
Number of assignments: 1
Duty stations: Sana'a
Mission and objectives
UNDP's mandate is to end poverty, build democratic governance, rule of law, and inclusive institutions. We advocate for change, and connect countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. UNDP's overall goal is to contribute to sustainable human development. UNDP has four focus areas in its mandate: poverty reduction, democratic governance, environment and energy, and crisis prevention and recovery
UNDP Yemen is therefore looking for a National UNV to provide administrative support to the Senior Advisor who is working the FSO SAFER project
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Senior Advisor or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Administrative Associate will:
1. Ensures efficient administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- - Efficient and timely administrative support to the Senior Advisor.
- -Accurate and clear note taking of meetings online and in person.
- -Coordinate meetings with interlocutors. -Coordination of DSA, travel agencies, and other administrative tasks.
- -Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authority and other administrative matters.
- -Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- -Organization of workshops, conferences, retreats.
2. General Administration and Operations support:
- -Prepare, process and follow-up on administrative arrangements and forms related to the official travel of staff;
- -Draft routine correspondence;
- -Maintain files of rules and regulations, administrative instructions and other related documentation;
- -Maintain up-to-date work unit files (both paper and electronic);
- -Coordinate extensively with service units and liaise frequently with internal team members both at Headquarters and in the field;
- -Organize and coordinate administrative arrangements for seminars, conferences, and translations, relocation, promotion, performance appraisal, separation, training e.t.c;
- -Assist in the operations transactions of Yemen Programme
- -Assist in mission plans documentation, international and local travel of staff, accommodation, security clearance, etc.
- -Archiving AL logistic, inventory and mission documentation.
- -Support the HR Specialist in Amman in the preparation the packages for (recruitments, extensions).
- -Review entitlements-related claims and reports;
- -Provide advice and guidance to staff with respect to administrative procedures, processes and practices, liaising with central administrative services as necessary;
- -Maintain and review organizational staffing tables.
- -Collecting and delivering mail, documents and other items;
- -Perform other related duties as required.
3. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- -Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- -Ensure input to the project and its strategic direction is accurately recorded.
- -Provide input on the project’s strategic direction and communication with partners.
- -Preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
4. Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- -Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- -Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- 27 - 80
- Candidate must be a national or legal resident of the country of assignment.
3 years of experience in
- - administrative services, business administration, or public service, or other relevant programmes; experience with national government is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization.
- - Other desired required technical knowledge
- - Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- - Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- - Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- - Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- - Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- - Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
Area(s) of expertise: Administration
Driving license: -
Arabic, Level: Mother tongue, Desirable English, Level: Fluent, Desirable French, Level: Working knowledge, Desirable
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in Business, Pubic Administration, law, social science or area related to administrative services; ,
Competencies and values
- Professionalism: - Integrity: - Teamwork and respect for diversity: - Planning and organizing: - Communication - Flexibility
Living conditions and remarks
As this is a national UN Volunteer assignment, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging his/her own housing and other living essentials.
United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics. As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
Note on Covid-19 vaccination requirements
Selected candidates for certain occupational groups may be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) in line with the applicable host entity policy
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل