National Staff Position
Position: Livelihood Officer
Job site: 1 post based in Aden with regular visits to different hubs in South Yemen
Reports to: Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager
Supervisor of: Livelihoods Activity Coordinators
With the support and supervision of the Project Manager, Self-Reliance Officer is responsible for the correct and efficient implementation of the assigned project’s activities according to relevant principles and minimum standards. Provide ongoing oversight, and guidance to the partner institutions and beneficiaries to ensure that the project meets high quality and best practice standards and prioritize the safety and security of beneficiaries and staff.
Project title: Emergency multi-sector response for Yemen in Taiz Governorates
The project provides an integrated multi-sector response within Taiz governorates, further building on previous BHA-funded actions. The project provides for protection services (prevention and response), combined with nutritional care and treatment for CU5 and PLW suffering from acute malnutrition, and with WASH services for conflict affected communities. The WASH component provides targeted communities with both soft and hard services, including rehabilitation of drinking water supply and outreach through hygiene promotion. In addition, the project aims to support conflict-affected people (including 50% protection cases) to improve and enhance self-reliance and re-integration; supporting people to develop productive assets and livelihoods.
The livelihoods component focusses on restoration of livelihoods and the development of new livelihoods.
1. Oversee the implementation of INTERSOS livelihoods programming and ensure an harmonized approach is adopted across the different field bases;
2. Develop guidelines, tools and SOPs for livelihoods activities, including tools to support market research;
3. Support the MEAL department in designing and improving the evaluation of livelihood programming, beneficiaries’ satisfaction surveys and PDM.
4. Directly supervise the livelihoods activity coordinators in the implementation of the livelihoods activities in the field.
5. Provide training and coaching on the job of staff involved in Livelihoods activities.
6. Establish and strengthen links with the private sector and other relevant stakeholders at different levels (national, governorate, district) in the areas of implementation and hold regular meetings to develop and strengthen the relationships with identified partners.
7. Design and lead market research surveys (incl. data analysis) to identify training topics and work opportunities offered by the local markets.
8. Propose innovative solutions for improvement of programme design and for identification of new livelihoods opportunities for beneficiaries.
9. Provide guidance to Activity Coordinators in carrying out service mapping and lead stakeholder mapping exercises in the areas of intervention.
10. Carry out CBOs and other stakeholder assessments and take a leading role in establishing strategic partnership/MoU with local organizations, foundations, training institutes, private sector actors, traders etc.
11. Carry out regular monitoring of field livelihoods activities, report findings and provide recommendations for improvement.
12. Provide technical support to Activity Coordinators and field staff, as well as to the SMT for development of new project proposal.
13. Supervise the ACs in drafting qualitative and quantitative timely monthly reports to the Project Manager giving a comprehensive overview of the achievements and targets reached per activity (activity implementation progress) conducted, indicating the challenges and mitigating measures proposed or to be implemented, and refer to next month’s planning.
14. Ensure the safe and confidential data management.
Commit to participate to any other task in order to achieve the project overall objective.
Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
Qualifications and requirements:
15. Hold a BA in social services or relevant fields.
16. At least 2 years of professional experience working in Livelihoods programming.
17. Proven prior experience working on projects including vocational training and/or cash for work schemes, QIP (Quick Impact Projects).
18. Demonstrable experience in activity coordination, team management, supervision of team and motivation of team.
19. Familiarity with protection programming, standards and procedures, livelihood or vocational training.
20. Strong collaboration, representation and negotiation skills.
21. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
22. Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
23. Demonstrated experience in staff supervision
24. Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
25. Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and protection guidelines
26. Native Arabic - Excellent written and spoken English
27. Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
28. Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
29. Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
30. Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
31. Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
32. Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
33. Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
34. Practical and problem-solver
35. Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
How to Apply
- Deadline for submission of application: 22 September 2021
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from INTERSOS
Child Protection Social WorkerDeadline:22 Sep | Taiz , Taiz (Al-Turba)
Child Protection (CP) Activity CoordinatorDeadline:22 Sep | Taiz (Al-Turba)
Psychosocial Support SupervisorDeadline:22 Sep | Taiz (Al-Turba) , Taiz
Psychosocial Support WorkerDeadline:22 Sep | Taiz (Al-Turba) , Taiz
Data Entry OfficerDeadline:25 Sep | Taiz