Media Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Media Officer
Field medical foundation (FMF):
FMF is a non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to provide health, nutrition, food security and protection services as a humanitarian response to the escalating socio-economic situation in Yemen since 2012.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures covering program activities with high quality reports, photos.
- Publishes the events on the FMF news sites.
- Covers and editing success stories.
- Ensures the program activities and sites receive documented communication materials.
- Works closely with the reporting officer in having excellent quality reports.
- Develop creative and engaging social media strategies.
- Prepare and design various reports and designs for social media.
- Draft and edit content for all projects activities.
- Create info graphics that compellingly convey achievements in related activities.
- Interview the beneficiaries and write touching success stories of the project and write them properly in well-written Arabic & English.
- Develops media communication products and press materials for the program activities.
- Manages presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, and posting on relevant blogs.
- Archive all data and informational materials belonging to the FMF.
- In coordination with Program Teams, conducts advocacy work and prepares communications products for projects, and facilitates projects visits for media.
- Performs other functions as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, media, multimedia, journalism, or any related field is required.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working with INGOs/ NGOs in the field of humanitarian aid and development.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented management style.
- Fluency in written/ verbal English and Arabic is required.
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other standard software package.
- Ability to deal with design and montage programs (Adobe Creative suite).
- Ability to travel within to sites, as required.
- Ability to work under pressure in existing operational environment.
- Strong background in photography or photojournalism with proven professional portfolio.
- Experience in producing media materials (writing stories, production of video).
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Strong digital skills in using social media (websites/ Twitter/ blogs/ Facebook etc.).
- Ability to work with digital equipment, cameras, filming and editing skills video.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل