Project Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job site and office: Aden Governorate.
Reports to: Program Manager
Contract Duration: Till December 15, 2022
Position Type: Full time
Attadhamon Foundation for Development (AFD) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established in May 2000 in Yemen.
We work among women, youth and children to achieve human noble purposes, and objectives, such as empowerment, elimination of discrimination, the reduction of poverty, creation of equal opportunities to achieve social justice and comprehensive development, to raise the standard of living for the family and the community. AFD works in partnership with society, communities, international agencies, and active partners.
Attadhamon aims to accomplish these goals through implementing its core programs: food security and livelihoods; wash; education; child protection and environment.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for leading the coordination of all project activities as the designed work plan and proposal. Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project.
Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of project activities on time within budget and within scope. Other important aspects of the role include overseeing all aspects of projects including financial and program planning and reporting sets deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring, summarizing the progress of project, and preparing quality reports for upper management.
Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis, at the required level of quality, safety, protection, gender and AAP principles.
Comply with Attadhamon Foundation policies and practice with respect to code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
1. Guide and supervise the implementation of the project in accordance with donor agreement and AFD policies and guidelines, and ensure the project is implemented to a high quality, on time and with agreed work plans.
2. Make well informed decisions and problem solve any issues related to assigned project activities, with support from the program manager.
3. Overall responsibility for the timely and quality implementation of FSL and WASH activities.
4. Ensure that field team will work closely with MEAL team in collecting data, updating the database and report writing.
5. Preparing Memorandums of Understanding and contracts with (official bodies - partners - volunteers, suppliers, etc..).
6. Create and implement staff training and support plans for each activity.
7. Lead meetings, reviewing progress and planning for his/her livelihood and WASH teams – including Filed officers, field supervisors, field assistants, - to ensure timely, quality and informed activities implementation.
8. Review and submit accurate, informative and quality weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports( in both Arabic and English when required).
9. Ensure the quality and integrity of implementation and administrative systems.
10. Keep the Program Manager informed on progress achieved and challenges faced throughout project implementation.
11. Attend cluster/coordination meetings relevant to the project.
12. Undertaking bidding procedures and supplying materials for different activities.
13. Coordinate with the Financial, Logistics departments of the Office in a manner consistent with the policies and procedures of the Office to ensure full understanding among related departments.
14. Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation and maintain the highest standards of behavior when working with the community targeted.
15. Develop and ensure appropriate tools and strategies to monitor the progress and quality and impact of the project and ensures that they are implemented.
16. Analyze risks and opportunities.
17. Facilitate for building capacity of project team.
18. Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process
19. Help in ensuring that resources are used efficiently.
20. Any other tasks assigned from the program manager.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Humanities, Business, Development, or any related field.
2. Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role.
3. At least a 3 years’ experience in management/ coordination preferably in NGO/INGO context.
4. Extensive experience in models and methods of training, facilitation and capacity building, project coordination and organizational development for staff.
5. Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity.
6. Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner. Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts.
7. Well- planned and well- organized even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both languages Arabic and English.
9. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft.
10. Resilience and the ability to work under pressure, organizing prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
11. Responsibility, cooperation and take initiatives.
12. Flexible and creative.
13. Ability to work on tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل