Job Title: Site Monitor
Department: Enginnering Department
Reports To: Field Engineer Assistant
Location: Lahj: 1 Bitan and 1 Tarbah
Number of Positions: 2 Positions
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in seven governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, Sana’a, Ibb, and Dhamar). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
The Site Monitor will assist the Field Engineer Assistant with organizing and monitoring project activities through communicating risks, opportunities and current state of the project. S/he will fulfill job obligations by handling projects with the goal of seeing them through on time and within the scope of work, while ensuring projects run smoothly by monitoring workflow, scheduled tasks and assignments, and reporting project status.
- Coordinate all activities with the Field Engineer Assistant to ensure they align with community needs.
- Assist the Field Engineer Assistant in preparing weekly and monthly work plans to ensure quality and accountability.
- Identify, inform, the Field Engineer Assistant of all problems, constraints, or complaints throughout project implementation.
- Assist in coordinating O&M training for community members and leaders.
- Conduct regular monitoring of activities and submit relevant reports to the Field Engineer Assistant.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly field visit reports for the Field Engineer Assistant in a timely manner.
- Develop achievement reports on a daily and weekly basis, under the supervision and the guidance of the Field Engineer Assistant.
- Ensure proper record/archiving of all activities in hard and soft manner.
- Take and submit photographs and videos to the Field Engineer Assistant to capture project implementation and progress on a daily and weekly basis.
- Document project implementation and progress, including reports, pictures and videos, in order to show the mechanism of the program, strictly respecting the Code of Conduct as well as the Humanitarian Principles and Standards.
- Gather construction work information and edit the work plan on a weekly basis.
- Report all issues causing a change or delay to the planned work in a timely manner.
- Report and clarify any work-related issues and challenges to the Field Engineer Assistant.
- Draft any additional reports, forms or documents asked by Field Engineer Assistant.
- Perform any other work and related tasks assigned by the Field Engineer Assistant.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Respect deadlines, attend meetings, and other reasonable requests coming from management.
- Minimum 6 months of administrative work experience in the WASH field.
- Past experience in related activities and INGOs
- Maintain a good team spirit amongst staff and colleagues.
- Excellent team work skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally.
- Commit to honesty, high quality work in the field.
- Consider safety and security in the field, immediately report all incidents to supervisor.
- Ability to work under pressure, and within tight deadlines.
- Experience in reporting related activities.
- Basic command of English, spoken and written.
- Basic computer skills.
- Remain sensitive to gender issues and Gender Equity and Diversity (GED) principles.
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferably in civil or construction or related field. Construction/renovation field experience favorable.
- 1-2 years’ experience in community development and/or mobilization preferably with INGOs
Site environment, however, due to the nature of activities and areas where YCST operates, canidates may have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Canditaes must be able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard for extended periods of time, and work outside of the YCST office location at odd hours at times.
How to Apply
- The application should consist of a detailed resume or CV. The CV should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the YCST program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to: https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207
- Applications will be received until the position is filled.
- Due to the urgency for this position interviews will be done on a rolling basis.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل