Solar Power Senior Engineer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Solar Power Senior Engineer
Location: based in the field ‘Dhamar and Sa’ada Governorates’.
Reporting to: Field Coordinators, under supervision of Project Manager
Start date: October 2021
Contract Duration: 4 Months
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established in June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peacebuilding and Governance.
Solar Power Senior Engineer Job Description
• Participate in the tender analysis along with operations personnel to assess or qualify the best technical offers.
• Testing and calibration of the solar items through universal standards and certified methods.
• Supervision of installation of solar pumping systems and components in the field effectively and efficiently.
• Discussing and solving complex problems with all stakeholders, colleagues, contractors, suppliers, and beneficiaries.
• Making sure the installed systems can operate reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments.
• Supervising projects using engineering principles and techniques.
• Planning and designing assigned works and processes efficiently.
• Producing details of specifications and outline designs.
• Recommending modifications if needed by stakeholders.
• Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modelling and computer-aided design
• Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
• Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector.
• Bachelor’s degree in Power Engineering or related field.
• Minimum 3 years working experience as a Mechanical/Power Engineer.
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
• Sharp time-management skills.
• Ability to work on computerized systems and applications, preferably (Enterprise Resources Planning Systems, Projects & Proposal Writing Systems).
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
• Commitment to the aims and principles of NFDHR.
• English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
• Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tactic and diplomacy
• Excellent communication skills: written and oral
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure
• Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
• Relates and works will with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل