Accountant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Reports to: Finance Manager
Duration: 10 Months
Job Purpose: The accountant is responsible for tasks such as preparing financial payments & reports, recording and reconciling financial transactions, managing project budgets, and ensuring compliance with financial policies and procedures. The accountant may work closely with other project staff, such as the Project Manager, Logistics Assistant, and HR Assistant, to ensure effective communication and coordination around financial matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and recording the cash flow up to date and ensure that cash is available at all times for the implementation of the activities or any surprise cash count.
- Review all approved payment documents with authorized signatures for proper and adequate backup before bank or cash disbursement.
- Prepare all payment vouchers and cheques/bank TRFs while ensuring the adequacy and accuracy of supporting documentation.
- Ensure that all cash/bank transactions have been recorded up to date.
- Keeping a bank balance-tracking sheet up to date and coordinate with Finance Officer / Senior Finance Officer for bank balance in local and foreign currency.
- Responsible for field office banking on all banking issues.
- Assist in bank accounts and cashbox reconciliations.
- Maintain a proper filing system for all financial and accounting documents up-to-date.
- Scan all vouchers, contracts, and other financial documents as well as supporting documents on a regular basis.
- Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures, and regulations of the organization.
- Due to the nature of the program’s activities, the above-mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet programmatic objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- At least three (3) years of experience in a humanitarian context; e.g. International/UN Agencies, Local Institutions/NGOs, and CSOs/CBOs.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to use Microsoft computer applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, including the ability to use other financial programs.
- English and Arabic
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Confidential
مسئول تسويق و مبيعات وتطوير أعمالDeadline:27 Sep | Yemen
Travel Agency ManagerDeadline:27 Sep | Sana'a
Sales Representative (Tourism) - Insurance Experience PreferredDeadline:27 Sep | Sana'a
Internal AuditDeadline:27 Sep | Sana'a
HR Manager - مدير الموارد البشريةDeadline:30 Sep | Sana'a