HR and Admin Officer
Muslim Hands is an international relief and development non-government organization established in 1993. The organization is currently working in 52 countries. Muslim Hands works both directly and with partners to carry out short- and long-term projects in education, health livelihoods, WASH and emergency relief.
This is an exciting time to join an international NGO with over 26 years’ experience across 52 countries. Muslim Hands Yemen is undergoing new and positive changes. We are building on the capacity of the office, looking to implement new and innovative projects alongside opening new fundraising channels. This role is seen as pivotal to the long-term vision for Muslim Hands Yemen.
Position: HR and Admin Officer
Department: HR and Admin
Reporting to: Directly reporting to Country Manager alongside MHUK
Management: Once hired, managing Reception staff and support staff
Contract Type: FT
Hire type: Local Hire Only
Objective: The position is responsible for Human Resources and administrative tasks of MH Yemen.
- Supervision /Management
- Supervise and manage program staff: supervise preparation of contracts for personnel staff; manage contracts of local and international staff and supervise administration staff, from an administrative point of view (general validity according to local laws, coherence with country regulation, compliancy with salary grid, payments, salary advance);
- Budget preparation: support the Head of Mission and Project Managers in budget preparation as well as proposals development.
Administration and Finance:
- Ensure compliancy with financial and administrative requirements set by the Donors and by MH.
- Control and assure compliance of program expenditures with program budgets;
- Monitor cash flows and supervise petty cash handling;
- Ensure proper administration for outstanding debtors and creditors, follow-up overdue and signal potential problems in timely manner;
- Prepare payment vouchers and verify supporting documents for project and administrative expenditure. Ensure classification of all financial information and documents in accordance with the projects and respective budget lines;
- Ensure appropriate filing system of financial documentation is in place, accurate and updated;
- Provide timely and systematic monitoring of program expenditures as well as timely budget program forecasts;
- Ensure that taxes are timely remitted to relevant authorities.
- Coordinate the Country’s registration documents, from the visas of the staff to the registration processes at the local authorities;
- Supervise preparation of lease contracts, contracts with suppliers and any other contract issued by the program. Ensure that contractual commitments are accurately tracked;
- Supervise appropriateness and updating of all procurement documentation at the various steps of the procurement process. Ensure budget availability of expenditures and that appropriate authorizations are in place;
- Procurement: provide technical oversight to the procurement process and ensure proper supply chain management procedures are in place and that standard logistics and related administrative systems are established and implemented within MH country programme;
- Coordinate and supervise overall human resources policy implementation, included Labour Law application, recruitment and that staff salaries are effectively paid to eligible staff and an audit trail of records is maintained.
- Staff Recruitment
- Recording and updating Staff Records
- Carrying out Staff Appraisals
- Dealing will staff related issues and concerns
- Liaise with Donors to cross check staff details
- Ensuring all MH Yemen practices are in line with Yemen HR Laws
- Relevant University Degree
- A minimum of three years of relevant working experience;
- Experience in international relief and development in Middle East countries in a similar position;
- Experience in logistics, procurement and security matters is a strong advantage;
- Experience in liaising with governmental/ local authorities, IOs and NGOs;
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with accountability for security monitoring and management.
- Ability to manage a humanitarian programme by an administrative point of view;
- Ability to understand the administrative policies of the donors;
- Proven capacity to work in a team;
- Fluency in English;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Ability to organise work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Institutional relations management and cultural context understanding;
- Strong supervisory abilities, and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication, negotiation skills, multi-tasking and organisational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure;
- Very good inter-personal behaviour.
Qualified and Interested candidates must submit their CVs to the following email:
Please mention the job title in the Email Subject Field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.