Ended Programmes Coordinator
Muslim Hands is an international relief and development non-government organization established in 1993. The organization is currently working in 52 countries. Muslim Hands works both directly and with partners to carry out short- and long-term projects in education, health livelihoods, WASH and emergency relief.
This is an exciting time to join an international NGO with over 26 years’ experience across 52 countries. Muslim Hands Yemen is undergoing new and positive changes. We are building on the capacity of the office, looking to implement new and innovative projects alongside opening new fundraising channels. This role is seen as pivotal to the long-term vision for Muslim Hands Yemen.
Position: Programmes Coordinator
Department: Programmes Department
Reporting to: Directly reporting to Country Manager alongside MHUK
Management: Currently directly managing a Reporting Officer, although the department is expected to grow.
Location: Aden – essential travel is required to other areas of Yemen
Contract Type: FT
Objective: The position is responsible for all Programmes activities
- Create and implement Programmes Strategy
- Promote teamwork and coordination across sectors to ensure integration and homogenous quality implementation of programmes.
- Monitor and Evaluate current Programmes inline with MH and international standards
- Complete Programme Reports for numerous Donors, inline with specific feedback templates.
- Develop and disseminate local communication material such as Newsletters
- Oversee and manage the Muslim Hands Programmes and Programme Department
- Implement alongside partners new and existing MH programmes.
- Assist in the Programmes needs assessments of new MH areas, including conducting HH surveys, stakeholder analysis and programme mapping.
- Prepare proposals and concept notes for donor led programmes.
- Liaise with local and international donor agencies across Yemen
- Advice MH Yemen on current funding opportunities in line with MH strategy
- To build a strong collaborative network among partners and community in the spirit of the participatory approach of MH programmes.
- Represent MH at donor meetings to increase visibility of MH Yemen
- Guide, train and build capacity of existing project staff.
- Any other staff assigned by Country Manager
Required Qualification & Experience:
- Qualification(s): University degree at Masters level of relevant sectors and fields or demonstrated programme management experience.
- At least 4 years of professional experience
- At least 3 years of professional experience in humanitarian contexts, preferably in the management of emergency/conflicts
- Previous coordination experience (Field, Project, Admin, Log) is mandatory
- Proven managerial experience
- Proven representation experience
- Previous experience in launching projects is an asset
- Fostering teamwork
- Empowering and developing others
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong writing and reporting skills
- Analytical thinking.
- Integrity and accountability
- Planning/Organizational skills
- Results oriented
- Strong interpersonal and multicultural skills
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Fluent in English is mandatory.
- Skills and training from within the sector highly recommended
- Candidates must also be willing to travel internationally when required
- Candidates must be in line with Muslim Hands code of conduct, vision and ethics.
- Experience (5 years) working in a complex context is required
- Knowledge of proposal development is essential
- Intersectoral experience or similar positions are an asset
- Experience managing integrated projects is an asset
- Knowledge of the different sectors of intervention is a must
- Strong skills in communication, mediation and negotiation
- Strong understanding of stakeholders and stakeholder management
- Proposal writing, grant development
- Team management skills
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential
- Willingness to live in the field including in temporary bases and to accept basic living standards and movement restrictions
- Willingness to work adapt and productively work in insecure, volatile, or harsh environments
- Strong team spirit
- Flexibility, stress tolerance
- Problem solving attitude solutions oriented
Qualified and Interested candidates must submit their CVs to the following email:
Please mention the job title in the Email Subject Field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.