Ended Finance Coordinator
Finance Coordinator – Hodeida
Save the Children International (SCI) Yemen Country Program has an annual budget of around USD 70 million and growing, working mainly on the humanitarian response to the ongoing conflict and its impact including more recently on the cholera outbreak. The SCI Yemen has over 700 staff and 1500 volunteers and works in nine governorates in the north and south of the country through seven field offices and two sub-offices in addition to the main office in Sana’a.
The Field Office Finance Coordinator is over all responsible for daily financial operations of Save the Children International Yemen as per Save the Children International Yemen Country Office (SCI-Y CO) Finance Manual, resolving queries promptly, and maintaining good working relationships with staff and suppliers.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Financial Management Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly BVAs to flag any significant variances to Field Manager and actively participate in Budget vs. Actual review meetings.
- Review monthly financial reports and raft the Field office data analysis then share the reports with FM & Country finance manager.
- Develop and update field office master budget by using the SCI templates to ensure that the GAP has been addressed to FM.
- Ensure that complete books of accounts are maintained, as per Save the Children International CO Finance Manual.
- Ensure all Hard original copies of financial records should be archived in a manner (a) easily accessible (b) Log of current & old records is maintained (c) Scanned copies of all financial records should be uploaded to Finance records drop box on by-monthly basis.
- Verify of all payment claims to ensure compliance of SCI-Y policy & procedures, valid Scheme of Delegation, SCI-Y Donors compliance requirements, In-country law and any other official regulatory authority.
- Monitor & ensure on consistent basis that all program implementation activities require direct or indirect involvement of disbursement of hard cash to suppliers, contractors, beneficiaries should safe guarded by segregation of duty.
- Monitor & ensure appropriate segregation of duties for each & every financial management task.
- Ensure that cross thematic & non thematic costs are allocated to respective awards as per cost allocation methodology on consistent basis.
- Coordinate with Roving Finance Coordinator & Country office Finance Manager for the training / implementation of Agresso (online Financial Management System) at Field Office level.
- Ensure that Asset & liabilities monthly schedules & reconciliations are been maintained on consistent basis ensure that all balances are reconciled with Financial Management system (FMS).
- Monitor & Ensure that daily financial matters are handled in a systematic, accurate and transparent manner.
- Ensure that cash & bank flows are adequate to run financial operations, maintain close coordination with financial institutions to ensure smooth cash flows. Safe guard SCI-Y cash from assessed / known risks.
- Ensure that Field Finance teams are well prepared to Country office Finance teams during Internal & external audit, donor specific audit, any authorized third party review of financial records.
- Maintain working relationship with SCI-Y partners and support Country Office to ensure smooth financial implementation of projects through partners.
- Ensure that Submission of all Internal & external financial reports should be done in a timely manner dully verified by this position.
- Ensure cash projections should be done as per Country Office provided schedule.
- Review the official e-mails on a daily basis, respond to queries from suppliers and colleagues in a timely and appropriate manner, and ensure any problematic issues are raised with the line manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure that reporting position to this post fully comply with SCI-Y policy & procedures and arrange on / off job trainings to grow skills in the area of financial management.
- Also responsible for professional direction / delegation / supervision / accountability of reporting staff as per Job Descriptions or any official documentation.
- Escalate any noted financial risks / fraud activities directly to Field Manager / Country Finance Manager and Finance Director.
- Assist FM to strengthen internal controls & internal controls environment.
- If due to unforeseen reasons institutional banking system stopped providing smooth services, any alternative arrangements should be made with prior consent of respective Field Manager and Finance Director.
- Surprise physical checking & reconciliation of cash in hand to ensure used only for SCI-Yemen authorized activities.
- Ensure that Program Advances should be released & liquidated as per SCI-Y CO Financial Manual guidelines or any special guidelines provided by Country Finance Manager Finance.
- Prepare & provide financial input for project start-up and monitoring meetings per SCI guidelines.
- Responsible to ensure that all payment are properly coded to record against active Awards and complete authorization of respective Budget Holder as per SCI-Y Scheme of Delegation.
- Assist Field office teams in financial proposal development process.
- Assist FM in preparation of Master Budget & it’s periodic revisions to monitor funding gap.
- Closely work with Field Office Awards Coordinator to fully understand financial & compliance aspects of donor funded portfolio and use Award Management System (AMS) to understand donor financial compliance requirements.
- Coordinate with HR department on monthly basis to complete Field Office quarterly effort report. (EFRP)
- Coordinate with Logistics department on monthly basis to complete Field Office Gift in Kind quarterly reconciliation.
- Ensure participation of Finance team members in periodically scheduled physical Stock / Inventories / GIK / Assets verification exercises.
- Bachelors’ Degree, preferably Master, in Commerce & Business, Administration or equivalent in finance related subject.
Part or full Qualified Accountant (ACCA or CIMA or CPA or ICSA) will be preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous 3-5 years financial management experience with good numeracy skills, e.g. allocate payments across cost centers.
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment.
- Knowledge of inter-country postings and cost allocations.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and attention to detail especially under pressure
- Excellent MS Excel and analytical skills, ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Good organization and administration skills to ensure that all documentation is filed on a timely basis and is easily accessible
- Excellent communication skills on the phone, face-to-face and in writing to be able to explain processes clearly and resolve queries with suppliers and other colleagues.
- Ability to plan and priorities own work to meet deadlines.
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and co-operatively within a team setting and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to work within set guidelines for the payment of invoices/expenses and identify instances when the guidelines are not being followed.
- A proactive approach to resolving any issues that may arise, by assessing their impact and identifying those that need to be passed to line manager or next level.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Knowledge of Agresso finance system or any other automated financial system
- Good written & oral English proficiency
- Experience of working for emergency responses.
- Experience to manage 3-5 reporting staff
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Interested candidates should submit their application through this link.
The deadline for receiving applications is 13/06/2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted