Ended Hygiene Promotion Field Officer
CARE International is currently seeking a Hygiene Promotion Field Officer. She/ He is responsible to carry out field work in order to mobilize communities, monitor activities and provide support to project management and other team members for the effective and efficient implementation of the project’s activities.
Hygiene Promotion Field Officer
Implementation and Monitoring Field Work:
- Lead community mobilization and hygiene promotion aspect of specific WASH projects at field level.
- Liaises with the hygiene promotion officer to plan and implement hygiene promotion activities in the field.
- Works with WASH engineer/ field officer – Engineering/Local Partners to mobilize communities and community leaders to participate WASH.
- Suggest new methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of Hygiene promotion in the field.
- Trains and supervises CHPVs/Local Partners and ensure the deliver their daily activity plans.
- Trains and works with community groups such as women, youth groups to ensure their effective hygiene promotion programs in the field.
- Conducts cleaning campaigns in public areas, markets, water sources, schools, mosques.
- Participates in hygiene promotion related assessments including needs, PDMs, KAP surveys.
- Explore opportunities and share potential for expansion of WASH project.
- Hygiene promotion and community mobilization at field level and works with community leaders to ensure community take action in improving their hygiene conditions.
- Prepares and submits all Hygiene promotion related field reports.
Reporting and Documentation
- Monitor and report all community mobilization and hygiene promotion activities in the field ensuring there is compliance with plans and CARE Yemen standards.
- Report all gender and protection related concerns to the WASH engineer or the gender focal persons.
- Responds to and records beneficiary hygiene promotion feedback and complaints at field level
- Oversees hygiene promotion related data collection as required.
- Prepares and shares all relevant hygiene promotion field reports and documents as required.
- Vocational training in teaching, nursing, public health or social worker
- Experience in working with hygiene promotion projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Community mobilization and training is an asset
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluent in both written and spoken Arabic, knowledge of English is an added advantage.
- Respectful and able to work with communities.
- Ability to plan and deliver results in the field.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the community, supervisors and colleagues.
- Trustworthy and able to manage resources effectively.
- Experience in working in the field and in insecure environments.
- Excellent communication verbally and in writing as well as inter-personal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic, knowledge of English is an added advantage
- Good computer skills
Interested applicants should send a CV (English) by June 14th,2019 to YEMVacancyAden@care.org with the subject heading Hygiene Promotion Field Officer- Aden Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.