Ended FSL Field Officers (6)
CARE International is currently seeking FSL Field Officers, they will be responsible to carry out field work in order to mobilize communities, monitor activities and provide support to project management and other team members for the effective and efficient implementation of the program’s activities. He/she will also be responsible for data collection and reporting of activities.
The project of Enhancing access to FSL and meeting basic needs in conflict-affected areas located in Taiz governorate. The expected immediate outcomes for this project include: (1) increased access to water, sanitation and hygiene services; and (2) improved ability for at risk populations, especially women, to meet their basic needs. The expected ultimate outcome is lives saved, suffering alleviated and human dignity maintained in countries experiencing humanitarian crises or acute food insecurity. So, the incumbent will be responsible for the implementing of the entire project interventions through support the technical teams of the project and working as link between project management and other stakeholders including target communities to facilitate implementing project activities duly in the target governorate.
FSL Field Officers: Six Positions
Two positions Taiz/Al-Turbah
Four positions Ibb
Implementation and Monitoring Field Work
- Collaborate with project team to select targeted households by using SADD mechanism for all project interventions based on the agreed criteria.
- Develop and maintain good relationships and lines of communication with relevant local authorities and communities, explaining the nature of the program and liaising with them throughout the project.
- Guarantee community involvement at all phases of the program (implementation, monitoring, and evaluation) to ensure the development of community ownership for the project outputs.
- Work closely with Field Engineer and community representatives to identify the appropriate water schemes to be rehabilitated according to the community priorities.
- Report any variations or problems with implementation of activities to relevant staff and Project Officer to propose remedial actions as needed.
- Select community volunteers to disseminate hygiene awareness messages among the target beneficiaries.
- Regularly, check up on receiving cash assistance (unconditional assistance) on the target households by close coordination with project management and the third party (the financial institution) in the target area.
- Gather the necessary project information and data.
- Implement and participate in different baseline assessments and monitoring studies.
- Document the project, field experiences and reflections
- Prepare periodical progress reports as requested about achieved activities, challenges and obstacles for remaining activities and suggested solutions and recommendations.
- Ensure transparent implementation of all field-based activities and provides a conduit for suggestions and feedback from the communities to the relevant project staff.
Capacity Building of targeted groups
- Provide capacity building to village communities, community volunteers (and others as requested) and to encourage local participation and management.
- Develop/Participate in preparation of training material and awareness messages as needed.
- Prepare, coordinate and participate all in-house professional development activities, meetings and planning sessions
- Participate in activities relevant to project as per approval by Project Officer.
Other Office duties
- Develop and organize all data, files and documents
- Demonstrate gender sensitivity and show support and respect to all team members
- Responsible for the confidentiality and security of data, documents and resources
Perform other FSL duties as assigned by the project Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Education, Social Sciences, Economics or related field
- Experience in community mobilization and capacity building
- 2-3 years community work experience, preferably related to the type of project
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of program activities
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to field sites
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic, knowledge of English is desirable
- Good computer skills
Interested applicants should send a CV (English) by June 13th , 2019 to YEM.VacancyTaiz@care.org with the subject and location heading ‘FSL Field Officer – Taiz or Ibb ’. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.