Ended Grants Officer
Title: Grants Officer
Reports To: Office Manager
Location: Aden, Yemen
Duration of Contract: 1 year – can be extended upon performance
The grants office is critical member of the Projects Team responsible for leading and researching possible partnerships and open proposal calls. The Grants Officer will write proposals to organizations, institutions and governmental agencies.
- Knowledge on aspects related to the humanitarian field and the United Nations, OCHA, WHO, UNHCR, USAID among other organizations
- Knowledge on proposal and grant writing, including technical reports
- Knowledge on the various clusters
- Produce detailed proposals
- Create database of organizations for possible grants
- Guide project staff in development of project proposals and timely/quality submission to donors/agencies/NGOs, etc.
- Prioritizing to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet submittal and project deadlines and manage all supplemental materials required for proposals
- Research and network for possible grant opportunities for Yemen related projects in all sectors
- Writing donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements
- Work with finance and program staff to attain timely and accurate information
- Participate in program planning and review donor narrative reports to ensure that they are high quality and are compliant to YA and donor regulations/requirements.
- Attend official meetings when needed
- Other tasks when requested and assigned
- University degree in business administration, social sciences, development and public administration or any other related degree; preferably a Master’s degree
- 2-3 years of grant experience with grant writing and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Ability to respond in timely manner to different requests and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as demonstrated teamwork and team building skills through effective leadership
- Excellent computer skills, including effective working skills with MS Word, Excel, and email required
- High degree of multi-tasking, flexibility, and adaptability
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and creativity
- Some travel may be required inside Yemen.
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject of the email.
Deadline: June 17th, 2019; accepting on rolling basis
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews by end of June in Aden, Yemen