Ended Agriculture Assistant
JOB TITLE: Agriculture Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Economic Recovery and Development (ERD)
LOCATION: Al Dhale’e
Reporting to: Agriculture Officer
Name of project: OFDA
Job Purpose: The Agriculture Assistant will assist Agriculture officer for timely implementation of Kitchen gardening activities and capacity building trainings for selected households. The incumbent will also be responsible to organize the community meetings and sensitization sessions with close coordination of Relief Committees and local authorities.
- Assist in developing detailed activity plans in line with program objectives and prepare plans for field visits.
- Assist agriculture Officer in identification and registration of household’s for kitchen Gardening activities.
- Sensitize key stakeholders - Government and I/NGOs - working in target districts, and, communities about the project concept, benefits, targeting criteria, implementation strategies and modalities, monitoring and other such aspects.
- Liaise with local communities for awareness and sensitization sessions.
- Assist the agriculture officer in conducting training, preparation of training module for training.
- Liaise with Relief Committees and organize distribution of Seeds and inputs to selected households.
- Responsible for follow ups to established kitchen gardens and on spot guidance in terms of disease control and best practices to adopt.
Required qualification and experience:
- Graduate in Agricultural/Horticulture/food Technology or related field with two years overall and minimum one year experience in the relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience of training communities and households in agronomic/food production aspects.
- Willingness to travel and work in remote/rural communities with limited access to basic facilities within the constraints of IRC’s security policies.
- Excellent communication/ reporting skills in English & Arabic.
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with colleagues and partners
- Commitment to IRC values and principles
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=5233
Deadline for Applying: June 15, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.