Ended Information Management Associate
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
Title of Position: Information Management Associate
Position Number: 10030937
Category / Level: GL-6
Entry on Duty: 01 June 2019
Duration: Initially for a period of one year
Location: CO Sana’a
Date of Issue: 02 June 2019
Closing Date for Applications: 16 June 2019
The Information Management Associate assists in the production and dissemination of information on the population of concern, including but not limited to Protection and Programme information.
The incumbent operationalizes data standards developed at the central level in field operations, compiles and explores data from all populations of concern. S/he supports the Programme Team and UNHCR’s implementing partners in the choice of indicators for monitoring to be included in sub-agreements as well as the Protection Team in operationalizing protection monitoring systems.
Accountability: (key results that will be achieved)
- The Office delivers reliable, accessible and user-friendly, relevant, predictable, appropriate and timely information.
- Global data standards, and where appropriate, the establishment of country-specific common data standards are adopted by UNHCR and its partners.
Responsibility: (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Operationalize country-specific common data standards and promote them with partners, including UNHCR data standards and the IASC Common Operational Datasets.
- Compile and aggregrate information elements required to produce standardized information products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
- Collect, collate and process information and perform data quality and consistency control.
- Produce summary statistics.
- Support the coordination of data collection teams.
- Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
- Share UNHCR data with partner agencies and maintain Portal data and information in-line with agreed frequencies.
- Participate in Needs Assessment processes, specifically in data collection, processing/collation and data exploration.
- Perform other duties as required.
Authority: (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Liaise with partners and represent UNHCR in meetings related to the functions.
- Make recommendations and provide advice on the technical information management requirements.
Essential minimum qualifications, professional experience and required competencies:
- Completion of Secondary education with certificate/training in information technology, demography, statistics, social sciences or any related area.
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions, etc.).
- Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Fluency in English and Arabic languages.
Desirable qualifications and competencies:
- Successful participation in the Operational Data management Learning Programme.
- Experience in web design and software development is an asset.
- Experience with relevant software such as ArcGIS, Mapinfo, SPSS, EpiInfo6, SQL Server, and/or proGres.
- Experience with HTML, PHP, ASP and/or Java is an asset.
- Proven skills to analyse statistical information.
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
Staff members who have been appointed through the AC process and have indefinite or Fixed Term appointment. Interested staff members should consult the new Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (PPAL). If you have questions regarding eligibility, please contact the Senior HR Associate at UNHCR BO Sana’a.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
Interested candidates must fill a Personal History (P.11) form and the supplementary Bio Data table (Excel) (Attached below). Completed P11 form and summary table should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Shortlisted candidates will be requested to sit for a test. No late applications will be accepted. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
The email subject line should clearly indicate Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Senior Admin/Finance Officer
Tel. contact: +967-1-469771/2
Fax: +967-1-469 770