Ended Teacher Training Officer
Job Title: Teacher Training Officer
Location: Hodeida, Yemen
Duration: 1 year, with possible extension
Salary Range / Band: 8B - Functional Support
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
In the context of ongoing conflicts and humanitarian crisis, addressing the education and protection needs of Yemen’s children calls for a local, community-centered approach that at the same time rebuilds the capacity of educational institutions from the bottom-up, bridging immediate humanitarian response with longer-term sustainable development objectives.
In this regard, IRC will implement a three year program, Improving Access to Quality Education in Yemen (IAQY), with the goal of restoring education opportunities for out-of-school children (OOSC). This program will increase access to safe and quality education through improved service delivery at all levels and will expand equal access to education that meets the needs of crisis-affected OOSC. It will improve the quality of teaching and learning, increase the wellbeing of children and teachers, provide teacher training, ongoing school-based support and professional development, and raise the knowledge, skills and abilities for inclusive education of local and education district government officials, caregivers and community members. By the end of year 3, this program will have reached 14,040 OOSC aged 6 to 14, and bring the benefits of improved community and parental engagement, safer school environments, better trained and supported teachers to an estimated additional 16,200 children; furthermore, 2,025 School Father and Mother Councils (FMCs) members and 756 teachers will receive training and support.
SCOPE OF WORK: Teacher Training Officer will work under the direction of the Teacher Training Manager to deliver project teacher training activities to project-targeted schools and communities in Sana’a Governorate.
- Contribute to review and revision of training programs and plans.
- Train targeted groups according to plans and materials approved.
- Ensure timely completion of work tasks and their related reports.
- Share relevant information and knowledge to improve quality and timeliness of training;
- Maintain support to teachers through mentoring, classroom observation and feedback.
- Do other related tasks as required by management.
- Participate in organization and arrangement of training.
- Take full responsibility for:
- running training workshop,
- keeping attendance records,
- discipline of trainees,
- tidiness of training room,
- preserving of training materials, and
- writing of final report.
- Organize and implement training follow up visits,
- Assess trainees during training and in classroom.
Monitoring & Reporting
- Ensure collection of accurate and relevant monitoring and evaluation data.
- Keep record of all training works.
- Ensure all monitoring activities are fully documented.
- Assess and report satisfaction of trainees about training’s implementers, timing, contents, duration, management, place, results …etc.
- Write monitoring and evaluation reports for supervisors as required.
- Do other duties as assigned by the supervisors to effectively develop and implement IRC programs.
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Bachelor or higher in education or related field,
- 3-5 years of technical experience in training implementation.
- Experience in facilitating training and workshops related to education.
- Ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail,
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well,
- Fluency in Arabic writing and speaking, English will be an asset.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=5240
Deadline for Applying: June 16, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.