Job Title: Housekeeper
Band/ Level / Grade: 10A
Location: Yemen | Abyan
Overtime Eligible: (per local law)
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Al Dhale’e. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
- Clean Building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and vacuuming.
- Stock cabin food suppliers (coffee, tea, sugar etc,) as needed.
- Gather and empty trash every day.
- Clean all toilets.
- Clean all kitchens including floor, washing dishes and fridges.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures (desks).
- Clean windows, glass partition and mirrors using soapy water and other cleaners, sponges and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines , equipment and doors.
- Sweep outside balconies, including open areas and terrace in front the office.
- Notify administration when materials are running low so that they can be ordered centrally.
- Report any maintenance issues immediately to line manager, including all furniture fittings and equipments.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: HR officer /Field Manager
Education: Technical education or Secondary school
Technical Skills & Experience:
- 1 year of Experience working in same field, charity, a techinician in basic plumping, electerician is prefered
Working Environment: Based in Abyan office
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=5244
Deadline for Applying: June 16, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.