Ended Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) Counselor (Female)
Position: Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) Counselor (Female)
No. of positions: One position
Duty Station: Lahij – Habil Jabr
- Perform appropriate assessments of IYCF needs and malpractices and do analysis and come up with clear recommendations
- Develop action plan to improve IYCF practice as per national guideline and give technical guidance for the nutrition teams (Nutrition Assistant/Lady Health Visitor/Leady Health Worker/Community Resource Person)
- Build the capacity of Outreach supervisor and Community Resource Persons on the community IYCF counseling techniques and ensure that the appropriate techniques are applied all the time
- Ensure formation of the mother support group at the community level(in each village) and community IYCF counseling conducted for the group members on regular basis
- Identify model mothers and explore their best experience and replicate the best experience in order to improve IYCF practice within the community
- Ensure setting up of breast feeding corners at each OTP/SFP sites established or supported at Health facilities.
- Provide appropriate counseling for PLW, care takers of OTP/SFP beneficiaries and mother groups on breast feeding ,complementary feeding and maternal and child nutrition
- Identify/develop appropriate IEC materials and flash cards in local language and ensure that the materials are used during each counseling
- Develop weekly and monthly plan towards accomplishment of the work plan and monitor the plan accordingly.
- Document case studies regularly and share to the team member and to Nutrition Officer.
- Produce weekly and monthly report regarding IYCF activities and submit to Nutrition Officer on time
- Any other relevant task given by Supervisor.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- experience IYCF Projects, Preferably in International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGO)/NGO
- Proven experience working as IYCF counselor or related counseling activities
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing or related to health.
- Good interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in remote and eventually unstable environment,
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=5245
Deadline for Applying: June 16, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.