Ended Nutrition Assistant
Position: Nutrition Assistant
Report to: Nutrition Officer
Duty Station: Almudarabah and Tor Albaha
This position is a support position to the Nutrition staff in the Outpatient Treatment Program (OTP) of the nutrition program, as part of a larger primary health care intervention that includes maternal and child health and environmental health. The IYCF consulter supports IRC’s nutrition team in the running of all aspects of the CMAM program.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
The main role of the nutrition assistant is to support the nurse in tasks related to:
- Screening and registration of patients
- Organizing nutrition sessions to children below 5 years for SAM&MAM and Mother pregnant and lactating.
- Distributing therapeutic foods
- Taking the weight, height and mid-upper arm circumference of new patients
- Collection and compilation of project data information for planning and monitoring of project activities.
- Helping ensure a hygienic and organized work environment
- Give Education and consultation to the care giver about infant young children feeding (IYCF).
- Any other duty related to Nutrition program as required.
Required qualification and experience
- Diploma in Nursing, Nutrition or Medical Assistant , Midwife with experience in Nutrition programs
- Ability to work in insecure environment and under pressure
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Enthusiasm for nutrition, public health and community development work
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=5246
Deadline for Applying: June 16, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.