Ended Supply Chain Officer-Procurement
Job Title: Supply Chain officer-Procurement
Band/ Level / Grade: 8B
Department: Supply Chain
Location: Yemen | Hodeidah
Overtime Eligible: (per local law)
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
To support the effective operations in Supply Chain Department in IRC Yemen by managing all local, national and international procurement in Hodeida or anywhere in Country and to ensure that all procurement is conducted in accordance with IRC Supply Chain policies and procedures, relevant donor requirements, and in the spirit of obtaining best Value for Money (VFM).
The Supply chain Officer will work in Hodeida office under the supervision of Senior Field Manager with dotted line to senior Supply Chain Officer based in Sanaa. He/she is responsible for all types of procurement and other logistical coordination. Incumbent Must be able to rapidly procure program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records. This is a key position within SC and carries responsibility for the integrity of the IRC procurement and supply chain systems.
- Ensure that all procurement procedures in Hodeida office are effectively followed in compliance with the IRC Supply Chain Manual and relevant donor requirements.
- Assist Sr. Supply Chain Officer with high valued procurement and national tenders.
- Monitor the progress of all orders, in particular following up orders awaiting approvals to ensure they do not get delayed in the system;
- Manage the set up and maintenance of all procurement filing, electronic and hard copy, and ensure that files are complete, correct and include all relevant documentation to meet audit requirements;
- Ensure that the Anti-Terrorist Checks (ATC) file is complete and kept up to date, and ATCs for suppliers are renewed biannually;
- Organize regular local market surveys and ensure the Vendor Roster and other supplier information is kept up-to-date and referenced during the procurement process;
- Maintain price data to enable budget holders have easy access to prices for budget formulation;
- Implement improved systems and procedures for procurement as directed by the Supply Chain Manager and/or Supply Chain Coordinator;
- Assist Supply Chain Manager to address issues related to procurement procedures that arise from internal audits and reviews;
- Manage Supply Chain Assistant and Medical Supply Chain Assistant (warehouse), delegating tasks between them according to specialization, monitoring performance and providing on-going training on roles and procedures.
- Check and review any paperwork prepared by direct reports;
- Act as a member of tender/ procurement committee when applicable/ required. Assist senior supply chain officer or supply chain manager in customs clearance or as assigned by SCM/SSCO/SCC.
- Liaise closely with Supply Chain Assistant to ensure that BVA system is updated all the times.
- Ensure that all comments on delays in procurement, special procurement requirements, or other relevant information is updated;
- Communicate to all relevant staff on orders awaiting approvals to ensure they do not get delayed in the system;
- Communicate to budget holders and requestors on any expected delays.
- Supplier performance evaluation is done regularly or when required.
- Work and liaise closely with warehouse officer/ WH assistant/ WH pharma assistant to ensure that the warehouse is well managed and organized as per IRC standards; Records and documentation are organized and accessibile when needed.
Finance & Procurement:
- Ensure Payment Request Forms are raised promptly after delivery of supplies or completion of services.
- Check PRFs and ensure attached procurement files are complete, correct and have the relevant signatures before they are submitted to finance department for payment;
- Assist Supply Chain Manager with the preparation of deliveries reconciliations and PRFs on monthly basis.
- Contribute procurement updates to the Weekly Supply Chain Report;
- Prepare procurement data for the Monthly Supply Chain Report to HQ, as directed by the Supply Chain Manager;
Human Resource Management:
- Manage performance evaluation for direct reports on six monthly basis;
- Liaise with HR/Admin Officer in recruiting and discipline procedures for direct reports in accordance with IRC HR policy if required or assigned).
- Manage annual leave of direct reports.
- Provide procurement systems training and briefings to new starters, staff and partners.
- Build the capacity of the procurement team in Hodeida through training, mentoring, performance management, guidance and general support.
- Any other duties as directed by the Sr. Field Manager, Supply Chain Manager and/or Supply Chain Coordinator in the management and coordination of the Supply Chain Department in Hodeida; and
- All positions in IRC Yemen Supply Chain Department/s may at times require manual handling and lifting.
- This job description is not exhaustive and additional tasks in the remit of the role may be added/removed according to operational changes.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Sr. Field Manager/ Senior Supply Chain Officer
Position directly supervises: Supply Chain Assistant; Medical Supply Chain Assistant (warehouse).
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Supply Chain, Administration and Finance staff, international staff.
External: Vendors and service providers
Education: Technical education or Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, marketing, Information technology, civil engineering and/or equivalent
Technical Skills & Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience working within the commercial, charity or public sector within logistics, Supply chain management or a related field e.g. procurement, Humanitarian Supply Chain (e.g. ICT, mechanics, construction, transport, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Education, Protection) etc.
- Experience of providing a customer service.
- Experience of freight forwarding and export/Import procedures.
- Strong ability to prioritize work under pressure, maintain attention to detail, and coordinate multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Customer & client centered and service oriented mind & attitude, and ability to work independently under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Energetic, with good networking and communication skills.
- Detail-orientated and professional patience.
- Sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
Language Skills: Good in English and Arabic to communicate clearly and effectively.
Computer Skill: MS Office – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
Certificates or Licenses: Relevant certificates
Working Environment: Based in Hodeida, required to travel to sub-locations where program is being implemented, if required
There is active conflict in parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas. Staff must comply with all IRC security policies and procedures applicable to international staff. Security will be thoroughly discussed during the interview process.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=5248
Deadline for Applying: June 16, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.