Ended Senior Programme Assistant (T&R)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position: Senior Programme Assistant (T&R)
Organizational Unit: Transition and Recovery (T&R)
Duty Station: Yemen , Sana’a
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) MPH contract, Aligned to M6, 3 Months (Renewable)
SVN No.: CFCV2019/109
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Sunday 16, June 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working under the overall supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Senior Programmes Coordinator (T&R), the Senior Programme Assistant (T&R) will contribute to ensuring smooth implementation of project activities and objectives as set out in the relevant project documents, and in accordance with the IOM standards and best practices.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Assist in the planning, implementation and monitoring of Transition and Recovery activities;Support in the development of detailed project implementation plans for project components, indicating key actions, milestones and deadlines to ensure that project goals and targets are achieved;Provide guidance and monitor the work of IOM's civil society partners in the Transition and Recovery programme; design and deliver all the necessary trainings in the targeted fields of implementation for the partners and other relevant stakeholders;
- Supervise the work of Transition and Recovery field staff and build field staff capacity on various aspects of Transition and Recovery programme implementation;
- Ensure regular engagement with local stakeholders to maintain partnerships, hold consultations and facilitate information sharing;
- Undertake frequent monitoring activities in the field, in coordination with the programme teams, ensuring that monitoring arrangements comply with agreed systems and donor agreements;
- Support and monitor the identification, registration and validation of the targeted beneficiaries in project locations based on the targeting criteria and overall methodology;
- Conduct regular context analysis in existing and potential areas of Transition and Recovery interventions to inform reports, identification of areas for project expansion, and the development of project proposals;
- Participate in needs assessments to identify gaps in assistance to vulnerable populations, and opportunities for targeted interventions;
- Draft regular field reports, project reports, as well as internal and external programme updates, with adherence to project proposals, signed agreements and institutional reporting requirements;
- Assist in coordinating and monitoring the procurement, contracting and payment processes of Transition and Recovery unit implementing partners and service providers; work with IOM resource management staff to ensure that procurement and payment processes are conducted in a timely manner;
- Perform any other relevant task assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience Education
- Masters/Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences.
- Minimum six years (four years for University Degree holders) of professional experience in the humanitarian field.
- Technical experience with Transition and Recovery, including social cohesion building, cash for work activities, community asset building, small business plan development and market assessment.
- Experience in holding capacity building workshops and trainings on thematic areas related to Transition and Recovery including social cohesion building, conflict resolution, gender and youth empowerment, and others.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, and reporting.
- Professional experience with UN agencies or other international organizations would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge in MS office applications
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating position applied on subject line by Sunday 16th June , 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line CFCV2019/109 Senior Programme Assistant (T&R)
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).