Ended Administrative Assistant (T&R)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position: Administrative Assistant (T&R)
Organizational Unit: Transition and Recovery (T&R)
Duty Station: Yemen , Aden
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) MPH contract, Aligned to M4, 3 Months (Renewable)
SVN No.: CFCV2019/114
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Sunday 16, June 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working under the overall supervision of the Senior Field Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office, Aden and the Programme Coordinator (T&R), the Programme Assistant (Transition and Recovery) will contribute to the smooth implementation of project activities and objectives as set out in the relevant project documents, and in accordance with the IOM standards and best practices.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:Perform and coordinate administrative functions of the Transition and Recovery unit;Create and follow up on signatures of Payment Request Forms (PRFs) and Requests for Payments (RFPs); follow up with Procurement and Finance units until the costs are reflected in PRISM, and the PRFs have MIGOs and MIROs;Receive, review, and have TAs and TECs of staff members signed; follow up with Finance Unit until the costs are reflected in PRISM;Process internal travel requests; liaise with the relevant units to get all necessary authorizations; assist supervisors on any administrative issues, including drafting NVs and letters;Liaise with sub-offices, field staff and partners with regards to financial transfers;Verify beneficiaries’ lists, as required;
- Create, organize and manage the filing system of Transition and Recovery unit documents and reports;
- Maintain up to date contact lists for the Transition and Recovery unit staff, implementing partners, service providers and other stakeholders;
- Maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date information on Transition and Recovery projects;
- Provide technical assistance to the field teams, collect relevant data and assist in monitoring project implementation.
- Support in the development of weekly and ad-hoc reports based on up to date information.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science and or related discipline
- Minimum four years (two years for University Degree holders) of professional experience in the humanitarian field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in humanitarian, transition and recovery programmes;
- Experience in performing administrative functions such as preparing and submitting payment requests, procurement documentation, arranging travel and field visits, and maintaining filing and archiving systems.
- Professional experience with UN agencies or other international organizations would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge in MS office applications..
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumesresponsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com
indicating position applied on subject line by Sunday 16th June , 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line CFCV2019/114 Administrative Assistant (T&R)
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).