WASH Data Entry Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: WASH Data Entry Officer
Job site: Taiz City & Al-Turba
Report to: WASH Officer,
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assisting the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
INTERSOS is implementing a multi-sector project funded by BHA in Taiz governorate, aimed to improve the protective environment, while reducing morbidity and mortality related to poor access to health, nutrition, and WASH services in Yemen, by ensuring conflict and displacement affected individuals have access to quality emergency health and nutrition services, lifesaving protection assistance and quality WASH services.
Description of role
The WASH Data Entry Officer is responsible for effective design, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of data management systems, supporting INTERSOS programs. He/she participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the field of data management.
He/She will assist project teams with data management issues throughout the project cycle. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the projects life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
- Receive and check weekly reports from Activity Coordinators; ask clarification, further information from the field teams, if needed, and ensure consistency of the data;
- Produce Monthly reports to be shared with the donor, after revision and approval of the Activity Coordinator and Project Manager;
- Ensure all reporting templates for field activities are up-do-date and periodically revised;
- Fill ad hoc and online reporting tools upon request of: donor, clusters, working groups;
- Fill online surveys, upon request of the Activity Coordinator and Project Manager;
- Provide periodical in-depth data analysis, and bring to the attention of the AC and PM any particular trend
- Maintain and further develop the structure or format of different databases as required – depending on the different projects
- Provide daily remote helpdesk for field staff for any problems related to smart data collection tools (hard and soft)
- Perform any other related duties as required, in support of the INTERSOS IT officer,
- Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
- Any other task requested in order to achieve the project’s objectives
- In addition to:
- Adherence to Humanitarian principles of Neutrality, Impartiality, Independence and Humanity
- Familiar with water quality standards and testing procedures
- Excellent communication skills with different population groups (age, gender, social status, etc.)
- Clear & timely communications to line management
- Minimum BA in IT or computer science
- 1 year of work experience with NGOs working in humanitarian field in Yemen
- Experience in using excel for data management: design, entry, extraction and analysis
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy) and problem solving skills for MS office (incl. outlook, excel and word)
- High confidentiality for beneficiary information
- Experience in conducting trainings for the staff (how to fill forms, and how to use MS windows and its resources).
- Native Arabic - Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Readiness and ability to move around in the area covered
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل