Ended Food & Livelihood Officer (Aden)
ZOA is a Netherlands based International NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on their RECOVERY until they can take care of their livelihoods. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Hodeidah, Al Mahwit and Aden Governorates. ZOA Yemen is currently seeking for national qualified candidates for:
Food & Livelihood Officer (Aden)
Aden Program area – 1 position
The Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Officer is responsible for the implementation of Humanitarian FSL activities including the identification and assessment of beneficiary households, distribution of Food Baskets, training of community members, mobilization of community members to participate in FSL related cash for work activities and the delivery of various inputs at community level. The FSL Project Officer will participate in FSL needs assessments, project planning, technical designs, coordinating with local partners and preparing monthly and quarterly progress reports.
- Based on the FSAC Cluster priorities, participate in the design of needs assessments for potential target areas in (new) districts.
- Participate in any FSL technical needs assessments during project proposal development and inception phases.
- Lead the selection of the right target areas and beneficiaries based on the vulnerability criteria and technical needs assessments.
- Participate in the preparation of Project Implementation Plans to guide the implementation of FSL field activities.
- Supervise the implementation of all FSL activities with the technical support from Food security and livelihoods Coordinator.
- Develop timely and detailed monthly implementation plans for FSL activities in close coordination with the FSL teams and support departments.
- Review achievements and constraints in a weekly basis; and provide feedback accordingly.
- Consolidate weekly and monthly activity progress reports and participate in drafting of donor reports.
Implementation and training
- Lead the implementation of food security and livelihood projects/interventions in the target communities according to ZOA International’s strategy, as well as based on proposals, budgets and plans.
- Lead the distribution of livelihood inputs (agricultural seeds & tools), implementation of trainings for food production and development for livelihood activities.
- Embed community participation and ownership in all FSL field activities including FSL related Cash for Work activities.
Coordination and Communication:
- Establish transparent relationships with all community level partners including identification of their priorities, concerns and managing expectations regarding FSL interventions. Involve and inform communities and community leaders about FSL activities.
- Prepare Activity and Monthly progress reports and other documents as required to document the project implementation and submit them to the FSL Coordinator.
- Prepare accurate, gender and age disaggregated beneficiary lists for all FSL activities.
- Capture high quality action photos of FSL field activities and prepare periodic success stories.
Skills and competencies
- BSc. in Agriculture, Rural Development and related fields.
- Technical Training qualifications in agriculture, food security, livelihood, /Sustainable Agriculture.
- of 3 years' relevant working experience with a humanitarian program.
- FSAC Humanitarian standards for emergency contexts like Yemen
- Capacity building experience in project monitoring, reporting, and evaluation.
- Experience and skills in working with local authorities
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in using computer software, i.e. MS office programs and internet.
- Strong coordination and networking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in unstable security and remote environment is an asset.
- Strong skills in written and spoken English and Arabic.
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2019 with possibility for extension
Please send your cover letter and CV, together with 3 recent references in English with reference to the applied position to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is highly important that you mention the job title in the Subject field of your email in order to be considered for this vacancy. Kindly put the following in the subject field: Food & Livelihood Officer (Aden)
يرجى ذكر إسم الوظيفة مع المدينة في حقل موضوع البريد الإلكتروني عند التقديم
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and only completed applications will be accepted
Deadline for application: 14th of June 2019