Ended WASH Officer
ZOA is a Netherlands based International NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on their RECOVERY until they can take care of their livelihoods. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Hodeidah, Al Mahwit and Aden Governorates. ZOA Yemen is currently seeking for national qualified candidates for:
WASH Officer Al Mahwit – 1 position
The WASH Officer is responsible for the implementation of Humanitarian WASH activities including the identification and assessment of beneficiary households, hygiene promotion campaigns, mobilization and training of community members and the delivery of various WASH activities as in the work plans. The WASH Project Officer will participate in WASH needs assessments, project planning, technical designs, coordinating with local partners and preparing monthly and quarterly progress reports. The WASH officer reports directly to the WASH coordinator and works together with the WASH engineers and project assistants.
Project Planning and design
- Based on the WASH Cluster priorities, participate in the design of needs assessments for potential target areas in (new) districts and participate in any WASH technical needs assessments during project proposal development and inception phases.
- Support and advice the WASH coordinator in the selection of the right target areas and beneficiaries based on the vulnerability criteria and technical needs assessments.
- Participate in the preparation of Project Implementation Plans to guide the implementation of WASH field activities.
- Supervise the implementation of all WASH activities with the technical support from WASH Coordinator.
- Support the WASH coordinator in development of monthly implementation plans for WASH activities in close coordination with the WASH teams and support departments.
- Review achievements and constraints in a weekly basis; and provide feedback accordingly to WASH coordinator.
- Consolidate weekly and monthly activity progress reports and participate in drafting of donor reports.
- Implementation and training
- Lead the implementation of WASH projects/interventions in the target communities according to ZOA International’s strategy, as well as based on proposals, budgets and plans. Oversee the project assistants and provide guidance during implementation
- Develop hygiene and sanitation campaigns and prepare trainings for water management committees
- community participation and ownership in all WASH field activities including. Train the Community Committees on their roles and responsibilities in collaboration with the WASH Technicians
- Supervise the project assistants, foremen and community mobilisers in the field
Coordination and Communication:
- Establish transparent relationships with all community level partners including identification of their priorities, concerns and managing expectations regarding WASH interventions. Involve and inform communities and community leaders about WASH activities.
- Coordinate with local authorities and ensure regular updates on ZOAs WASH activities
- Attend cluster meetings if requested by the Area Manager/WASH Coordinator
- Coordinate with other humanitarian partners regarding humanitarian interventions at field level
- Develop professional relationship with the implementing partners and seek feedback on progress and solving issues on regular basis
- Prepare Activity and Monthly progress reports and other documents as required to document the project implementation and submit them to the WASH Coordinator.
- Prepare accurate, gender and age disaggregated beneficiary lists for all WASH activities.
- Capture high quality action photos of WASH field activities and prepare periodic success stories.
Skills and competencies
BSc. in water engineering, Rural Development and related fields.
- Technical Training qualifications in hygiene and sanitation promotion, committed to creating behaviour change
- of 3 years' relevant working experience with a humanitarian program.
- Strong knowledge of the SPHERE standards for emergency contexts
- Experience in supervising WASH activities
- Experience and skills in working with local authorities
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in using computer software, i.e. MS office programs and internet.
- Strong coordination and networking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in unstable security and remote environment is an asset.
- Strong skills in written and spoken English and Arabic.
Location: Al Mahwit
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2019 with possibility for extension
Please send your cover letter and CV, together with 3 recent references in English with reference to the applied position to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
It is highly important that you mention the job title in the Subject field of your email in order to be considered for this vacancy. Kindly put the following in the subject field: WASH Officer (Al Mahwit)
يرجى ذكر إسم الوظيفة مع المدينة في حقل موضوع البريد الإلكتروني عند التقديم
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and only completed applications will be accepted
Deadline for application: 14th of June 2019