Ended Project Assistant
ZOA is a Netherlands based International NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on their RECOVERY until they can take care of their livelihoods. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Hodeidah, Al Mahwit and Aden Governorates. ZOA Yemen is currently seeking for national qualified candidates for:
Project Assistant Al Mahwit – 1 position
The Project Assistant is the focal person in the district and assists the Project Officers in beneficiary and location identification, communication with relevant stakeholders, facilitation and follow up of implementation within his/her assigned location across all sectors
Project Planning and design
- Participate in conducting KAP/KPC Surveys and other participatory needs assessments related to WASH and FSL.
- Identify target communities and beneficiary households using WASH and FSA Cluster and project Vulnerability criteria
- Ensure ZOA meets the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) by informing the communities about ZOA’s selection criteria; about project conditions and project deliverables
- Coordinate with Project other Project Assistants in the WASH, FSL, H&N and MEAL teams to ensure an integrated programme at district level
- Coordinate with other humanitarian partners interventions at field level
- Supervise the Foremen and Community Mobilisers in the field
- Monitor project implementation daily and ensure that materials and tools/equipment kept in the field are well maintained and protected
- Inform the WASH/FSL Officer and/or Coordinators about issues/problems in the field
- Assist the Project Officers in establishing community committees. Be involved in training the community committees and participate in the community committee meetings.
- Problem-solve issues regarding project implementation in collaboration with the Project Officer
- Assist Project Officers in paying and recording community labor and C4W.
- Ensure the implementation of activities is according to the project implementation plan, timeframe and up to quality.
- Be the focal point for Beneficiary Feedback
Reporting & Data Collection
- Collect beneficiary lists with complete information including gender and age.
- Be involved in data collection during baseline/ progress and end term assessments
- Fill out all (monitoring) forms provided by the Project Officers and submit them on a weekly basis
- Ensure that the goods delivery and receipt is followed up and well documented
- Ensure that the goods delivery and reception is followed up and well documented
- Submit weekly reports to the project officers
Skills and competencies
- Community development skills
- Able to use a computer, with word-processing and spreadsheets, (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
- Ability to work well under pressure and in response to changing needs
- Monitoring and documentation skills.
- Good skills in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- BSc. in water engineering, Rural Development and related fields.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant development studies or social sciences discipline, or equivalent commensurate experience of at least 1 year.
- 1-year experience in working with INGOs in Humanitarian projects.
- Ability to travel across different Governorates regularly for training, assessment, regular monitoring and evaluation.
- Based in Al Mahwit field locations
Location: Al Mahwit
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2019 with possibility for extension
Please send your cover letter and CV, together with 3 recent references in English with reference to the applied position to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
It is highly important that you mention the job title in the Subject field of your email in order to be considered for this vacancy. Kindly put the following in the subject field: Project Assistant (Al Mahwit)
يرجى ذكر إسم الوظيفة مع المدينة في حقل موضوع البريد الإلكتروني عند التقديم
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and only completed applications will be accepted
Deadline for application: 14th of June 2019