Ended FSL Programs Coordinator
Job Title: Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) Programs Coordinator
No of position: 1 Position
Deadline:June 20th, 2019
Duration: One year renewable based on the result of the performance appraisal
Duty Station: Based in Sana’a with regular field visits to RDP’s offices.
Probationary Period: Three months
Reporting to: Programs Manager
Relief and Development Peer Foundation (RDP) is Non-governmental Organization aims to mitigate the suffering of communities affected by the conflict and disasters, enhance more equitable socio economic development and increase social responsibility to contribute effectively and positively on the development process. RDP advocates for the rights of affected populations and work in many field areas, food security, nutrition and health and water, sanitation and hygiene, good governance and peace.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and develop FSL Program strategic plan and support fundraising for FSL Program, including contributing to the development of high quality concept notes and proposals.
- Conduct field visits to all FSL program intervention sites to report back to and provide recommendations to senior management for future projects.
- Participate National and Sub-National Food Security and Agriculture Cluster (FSAC) meetings, Cash and Market Working Group (CMWG) and any other meetings for FSL projects.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports and other relevant reports to the senior management and donors.
- Preparing monthly cash request to the finance department and follow with the progress on monthly basis.
- With support from logistic department, prepare procurement plans for FSL commodities and process them after getting the approval from senior management.
- In coordination with senior management, ensure that all FSL Program staff have an updated and approved job description.
- Provide technical support to FSL Programs staff, partners and government authorities on the planning, implementation and management of the FSL projects.
- Prepare timely program and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal RDP requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Ensure orientation and induction in HR, Finance and Logistic departments for all new FSL Program staff.
- Lead, review and conduct FSL Program assessments and surveys such as baseline, end-line, Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM), Market Assessment, etc. to ensure FSL needs are being identified and addressed accurately.
- Develop FSL Program projects plans and budgets, contributing towards an overall thematic projects plan and master budget.
- Prepare and oversee project implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities (for example, monitoring against, individual performance management, work plans, etc.).
- Prepare timely FSL Program and donor log frames reports on projects activities in compliance with internal RDP requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Support the FSL Program staff, with the HR team, identify technical staffing needs for emergency programs, and support rapid recruitment, induction and training of new staff.
- Identify FSL Program supplies needs and coordinate with the logistics team to put in place a sensible phased procurement plan.
- With support from the MEAL team put in place an MEAL plan for FSL projects, ensuring this links to reporting requirements, and capacity build technical field staff in carrying out the work.
- With support from the MEAL team put in place accountability activities for FSL projects, ensuring that complaints and feedback from the beneficiaries specially, women children are considered in project design.
- To ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian principles are maintained in accordance with the Sphere standard and Food Security and Agriculture Cluster (FSAC).
- Oversee the implementation of FSL activities at field level.
- Ensure safe, effective delivery of FSL interventions to the targeted beneficiaries.
- Set performance objectives for all FSL Program staff and conduct performance evaluations/employees appraisal after 6 months from hiring.
- Comply with RDP policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, child safeguarding, health and safety, equal opportunity and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Food Science, Agriculture, Social Science, International Development preferred or any other relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in Food Security and Livelihood sector at NGOs in both humanitarian and development context.
- Ability to train FSL Programs staff on technical issues.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Fluent spoken and written English required.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior management, donors and senior government leaders.
- Proven leadership and management skills including planning and budget tracking capacities.
- Strong networking, leadership, and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Proficiency in computer skills (MS Office, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint and Outlook, in particular).
Interested candidates should send their Resumes in English to email@example.com not later than June 20th, 2019, putting the job title as the email subject to be considered. Resumes will be considered on a rolling-basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early.
For more information about RDP, please visit our website at http://rdpf.org