Ended Health and Nutrition Programs Coordinator
Job Title: Health and Nutrition Programs Coordinator
No of position: 1 Position
Deadline: June 20th, 2019
Contract Type: Fixed
Duration: One year renewable based on the result of the performance appraisal
Duty Station: Based in Sana’a with regular field visits to RDP’s offices.
Probationary Period: Three months
Reporting to: Programs Manager
Relief and Development Peer Foundation (RDP) is Non-governmental Organization aims to mitigate the suffering of communities affected by the conflict and disasters, enhance more equitable socio economic development and increase social responsibility to contribute effectively and positively on the development process. RDP advocates for the rights of affected populations and work in many field areas, food security, nutrition and health and water, sanitation and hygiene, good governance and peace.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the effective management and development of the Emergency Health and Nutrition programs monitoring, review and evaluation of the situation and program and within the framework of the overall RDP emergency response.
- Led on the day to day implementation of RDP Health and Nutrition projects.
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of activities in compliance with the defined project as well as RDP and donors guidelines.
- Prepare, manage and regularly update the project activities work plan, procurement plan, recruitment plan, and MEAL plan.
- Ensure proper communication, coordination and harmonization of tools with the different stakeholders involved in Health /Nutrition activities.
- Ensure minimum standards are maintained in accordance with humanitarian relief and MoPH&P guidelines. (MISP, SPHERE,…, etc.)
- Represent RDP at Health and Nutrition Clusters/ Sub-clusters /Working Group and government meetings.
- Leading, in coordination with the relevant departments, the monthly Budget vs. Actual meeting and liaise regularly with Programs Manager and Finance to monitor project spending.
- Preparing monthly cash request to the finance department and follow with the progress on monthly basis.
- Assist logistic department in procurement of drugs and medical equipment, by provision of technical specification of pharmaceutical and medical equipment and supplies, and provide the guidance for quality control process.
- Provide technical support to Health and Nutrition Programs staff, partners and government authorities on the planning, implementation and management of the Health and Nutrition projects.
- Prepare timely program and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal RDP requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Conduct weekly meeting with Health and Nutrition programs staff to monitor progress in implementation, exchange information, discuss challenges and plan forward.
- Ensure that appropriate staffing levels are in place and provide regular support, supervision and implementation of other staff management processes including staff performance management.
- Ensure that staff responsibilities are clearly defined, understood and objectives are set against work plans and regularly monitored.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for Health and Nutrition Programs staff and work to increase their competencies, capacities and own personnel development.
- Ensure effective involvement of staff in running the projects through participatory approach in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and decision-making.
- Ensure that staffs perform well and they are monitored in daily basis to fulfil required indicators of the projects.
- Maintain and strengthen established links with NGOs, and other agencies including government ministries and agencies.
- Identify projects supplies need and perform drug and stock management of medicine including planning, storage, and transport in close coordination with logistic team.
- Maintain working relationship with relevant host government ministries, UN agencies, International and National Non-governmental health organizations and for Health and Nutrition programs.
- Ability to monitor projects progress and come up with corrective measures, prepare a data base and projects indicators.
- Coordinate with logistics, administration, and finance departments to procure all equipment, supplies and materials required to implement the project activities, ensuring cost efficiency and accountability in compliance with RDP and donor regulations and procedures.
- Undertaking field visits to provide guidance and supervision as well as to regularly monitoring the progress of activities.
- Ensure donor standards are applied and reports have accurate data and are delivered on timely basis.
- Preparing periodic project narrative and financial reports are delivered, according to RDP and donor requirements.
- Ensure effective and efficient use of all RDP resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace.
- Provide support and work closely with MEAL team in following up the implementation process of the projects.
- Ensure safe, effective delivery of Health and Nutrition Programs interventions to the targeted beneficiaries.
- Set performance objectives for all Health and Nutrition Programs staff and conduct performance evaluations/employees appraisal after 6 months from hiring.
- Comply with RDP policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, child safeguarding, health and safety, equal opportunity and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine, equivalent and/or relevant sectors required, Master’s degree preferred or any relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in Health and Nutrition sectors at NGOs in both humanitarian and development context.
- Strong knowledge in Public health.
- Ability to train Health and Nutrition Programs staff on technical issues.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Fluent spoken and written English required.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior management, donors and senior government leaders.
- Proven leadership and management skills including planning and budget tracking capacities.
- Strong networking, leadership, and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Proficiency in computer skills (MS Office, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint and Outlook, in particular).
Interested candidates should send their Resumes in English to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than June 20th, 2019, putting the job title as the email subject to be considered. Resumes will be considered on a rolling-basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early.
For more information about RDP, please visit our website at http://rdpf.org