Ended Information Management Assistant (Software Developer)
Job Title: Information Management Assistant (Software Developer)
No of position: 1 Position
Deadline: June 20th, 2019
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duration: Six months renewable based on funding availability
Duty Station: Based in Sana’a with regular field visits to RDP’s offices.
Probationary Period: Three months
Department: Admin and HR
Reporting to: Admin and HR Manager
Relief and Development Peer Foundation (RDP) is Non-governmental Organization aims to mitigate the suffering of communities affected by the conflict and disasters, enhance more equitable socio economic development and increase social responsibility to contribute effectively and positively on the development process. RDP advocates for the rights of affected populations and work in many field areas, food security, nutrition and health and water, sanitation and hygiene, good governance and peace.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop software/applications based on the organization’s requirements and standards.
- Conduct data quality checks to the data/information periodically.
- Create online forms as requested by the MEAL department.
- Under the supervision of the MEAL Manager, establish Information/Database Management policies and procedures.
- Researching, designing, implementing and managing software programs.
- Testing and evaluating new programs.
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications.
- Writing and implementing efficient codes.
- Designing and managing online software.
- Determining operational practicality.
- Developing quality assurance procedures.
- Deploying software tools, processes and metrics.
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems.
- Training users.
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts.
- Establish Information Management system and develop forms, tools and databases for capturing project implementation.
- Ensure consistent response from the M&E department requests for information.
- Explore innovative means for capturing data, storage of information and documentation, and information management.
- In collaboration with the IT & MEAL departments, design and maintain a web-based platform for capturing and sharing implementation data and information.
- Ensure that all sources of verification are cross-examined prior to reporting.
- Ensure timely and effective collection of data from data sources and identify appropriate data sources.
- Mapping sector Program activities using any web based system that reflects area and type of organization interventions.
- In coordination with the MEAL, Communication departments, regularly collect case studies, success stories, and human interest stories that tell an interactive story of the development impact of RDP’s interventions.
- Produce monthly reports of project progress including accurate data-analysis and gaps.
- Produce and update information products such as reports, charts, info-graphics and other visual materials.
- Ensure the security of all shared information.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer Sciences/Information Systems/Information Technology or related technical field.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in database design or database administration, and/or data management.
- Proven Experience in software development.
- The ability to communicate complex procedures to other colleagues.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail and desire to probe further into data.
- Languages: Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Proficiency in computer skills (MS Office, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint and Outlook, in particular).
Interested candidates should send their Resumes in English to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than June 20th, 2019, putting the job title as the email subject to be considered. Resumes will be considered on a rolling-basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early.
For more information about RDP, please visit our website at http://rdpf.org