Ended Senior Procurement Manager
Job Title : Senior Procurement Manager
Reports to : Supply Chain Coordinator
Location : Aden, Yemen
Start date : 14 July 2019
ABOUT THE IRC
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
Senior Procurement Manager is a key position to the success and delivery of quality programs. IRC defines Supply Chain as those systems and functions necessary to implement programs effectively, inclusive of planning, procurement, logistics, inventory management, property and asset management as well as vehicle and fleet management.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator and Supply Chain Coordinator, the Procurement Manager is responsible for supporting the Supply Chain function to ensure efficient procurement and delivery of supply chain functions in field office.
Supply Chain Planning
The Senior Procurement Manager is responsible for working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective supply chain planning and preparation to support program implementation. Supply chain planning includes;
- Prepare, review and update procurement plans, warehousing plans, transport plans and distribution plans.
- Implement all IRC procurement SOPs.
- Develop sourcing strategies and relationships with suppliers.
- Monitor supply market and conduct market surveys & analysis.
The Senior Procurement Manager is responsible for implementing procurement plan & strategies and ensures all program procurement needs are met on time in accordance with GSC and donors’ standards. This includes:
- Implement IRC procurement SOP’s in all procurements.
- Plan and lead on conducting market surveys.
- Support in development of specifications.
- Analyze procurements and produce updated price lists for frequently procured supplies and services on quarterly basis.
- Receive approved Purchase Requests through the procurement software (online BVA), ensure data accuracy and assign PRs to procurement staff.
- Review Bids Analysis for below tender procurements ensuring compliance.
- Organize and participate in tender meetings & evaluations.
- Prepare bids analysis and other bidding documents for approval.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers that is transparent and documented.
- Demonstrate value for money in procurement.
- Review procurement documents for accuracy before payments are submitted to finance.
- Analyze procurements and advise on types of procurement that can benefit from master purchase agreements.
- Lead on tenders for establishing Master Purchase and Service Agreements.
- Lead on international procurements, including supplier relations, order tracking, regional reporting and payments.
- Support with customs clearance procedures for internationally ordered supplies.
The Senior Procurement Manager is responsible for managing contracts to ensure that terms & conditions, standard operating procedures are adhered to as provided by GSC. This includes:
- Prepare contracts for recommended bidders.
- Timely renew running contracts.
- Contracts implementation against set performance indicators.
The Senior Procurement Manager is responsible for managing supplier relationships and performance to ensure that there is precise record keeping, and implementing procurement standard operating procedures and control as provided by GSC. This includes:
- Maintain suppliers file and documentation
- Documents supplier performance.
- Maintain supplier performance score cards.
Compliance and Ethics
The Senior Procurement Manager is responsible for implementing donor rules & regulations for all procurements, Identifying and analyzing compliance risk in procurement processes through:-
- Implement due diligence for suppliers, this includes conducting ATC, reference checks, supplier visits etc.
- Provide consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Identify and report procurement red flags.
- Implement internal and external audit corrective action plans (CAPs)
- Procurement are conducted in compliance with donor regulations
The Senior Procurement Manager is responsible for preparing and submitting:
- Accurate monthly PRTS report to supply chain coordinator by 2nd of every month,
- Support with developing and updating procurement plans as required.
- Analyze and organize procurement team in a manner that best benefits IRC Yemen country program needs and ensures efficient and effective use of human resources.
- Promote team spirit, cohesion, respect and the IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct among all procurement staff in close cooperation with HR department. Adhere to and act in accordance with the IRC Global and IRC Yemen HR Policies and Procedures.
- Train and supervise direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting annual performance objectives, providing regular and timely positive and constructive performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Approve and manage all time, attendance and leave requests to ensure adequate departmental coverage; ensure monthly, accurate timesheet submission and carries out probationary reviews.
- Ensure appropriate support to field based staff via regular site visits, producing reports with action points to monitor.
- Look for opportunities to support staff in their career growth, where appropriate.
- Work closely with Logistics Cluster and transportation service provider(s) to ensure cargo is received and dispatched to respective field sites in a timely manner.
- Work closely with both Supply Chain Manager in Aden and Senior Supply Chain Officer in Sana’a to ensure efficient and cost effective delivery of project materials to north and south.
Procurement Manager Competency’s matrix:
The Senior Procurement Manager Competency matrix is the primary supporting document to this job description and the Senior Procurement Manager must ensure that all tasks are preformed to standard.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Supply Chain Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Supply Chain Officers Procurement/Assistants.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Regular relationships with program staff, Operations and country Supply Chain staff at all levels,
External: Vendors and services providers.
Education: College degree or equivalent in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or related field
Work Experience: 5-7 years of work experience in supply chain operations (Procurement), humanitarian experience preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated success as a procurement leader within supply chain including planning, procurement and logistics.
- Good collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across cultures, organizational units and suppliers.
- Broad knowledge and experience in procurement plans, strategies, market analysis techniques, procurement and contracting.
- Good analytical and negotiation skills.
- Excellent skills in conducting market analysis and sourcing strategies.
- Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure
- Familiarity with medical procurements and medical supply chain principles.
- Strong time management, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess leadership qualities and willing to exercise initiative.
- Willingness to participate and contribute as a team member, under challenging working conditions.
Language Skills: Fluency in English to communicate clearly and effectively. Arabic is highly desirable.
Work Environment: There is active conflict in parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas and other states. The situation in Aden remains unpredictable. Security will be thoroughly discussed during the interview process.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=5208
Deadline for Applying: June 14, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.