Ended Logistics Field Support
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE : LOGISTICS FIELD SUPPORT
Overall Objective of Position:
Objective 1 : Carry out logistics activities related to programs
- Follow up the supply plan with program managers and ensure that procurement is in process according to the project procurement plan
- Facilitate good communication between Supply Chain managers and program managers on procurement and delivery of items to programs
- Receive stock release orders from program managers and transmit them to the logistics and ensure the delivery of items requested
- Ensure that items are properly organized in the stores in field locations
- Conduct regular field visits to support the logistics needs of program staff in the ACF project sitesAnticipate the logistics needs of ACF program sites (Health Facilities, Stabilization Centers, etc), in collaboration with with the program manager
- Ensure that running costs materials or supplies are delivered on time to the sites before to face any shortages
Construction and rehabilitation:
- Ensure that all work related to construction or rehabilitation in ACF project sites is following ACF procedures
- Monitor the implementation of construction and rehabilitation work by ACF-contracted suppliers in order to ensure the work is conducted according to the agreed BoQs
- Liaise with contractors in collaboration with Supply Chain Officers and under the supervision of the base logistics management
- Report any issues with contractors (failure to meet BoQ specifications, delays in implementation, etc) to program managers and base logistics managers.
- Assist inthe logistics planning for program staff movements to the field, and coordinate with fleet.
Maintenance of program facilities:
- Ensure maintenance of ACF-supported premises and equipment in program sites in the field (Health Facilities, stores, etc)
- Manage generator consumption follow-up, maintenance , and fuel delivery in the sites.
Prepare the monthly forecast of expenditures for transport, repair and maintenance, and logistics-related casual workers for the programs.
Objective 2 : Provide technical support to program staff
- Support the implementation of supply chain management with program staff
- Organize training sessions in stock management, PR preparation, delivery notes, etc…
Objective 3 : Participate in security management
- Make sure that the security rules are respected and followed during distributions, transportation and by ACF staff in the field
- Promptly report any security or safety issues or violations of ACF security rules to the his/her line manager, Logistics Manager or Field Coordinator
Objective 4 : Other activities
- Provide the weekly and monthly logistics narrative report in the area of responsibility
Fulfil other tasks as delegated by the line manager or Logistics Manager
Requirements & Skills:
University Degree in Engineering, Management, Finance, or high School leaving certificate + 2 years professional experience in Logistics field.
Computer knowledge (Word and Excel) – Diplomacy & Negotiating skills – Ability to identify problems and find solutions – Ability to work under pressure -- Good organizing capacity, Management experience Rigour (on procedures)- Team Spirit and communication skills- Autonomy - Honesty - Fluent in both English and Arabic languages. Engineering, construction, electrical or ICT experience an asset.
- Level of the position: Technician.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
ACF offers equal opportunities, however candidates who are residents of “Hodeida” will be considered first and priority given to qualified female and/or persons with a disability.
Application Process: Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 20-06-2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.