Deputy Logistics Manager
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE : Deputy Logistics Manager
Location: Hodeida/ Hajja bases
Overall Objective of Position:
- This Position is overall responsible for logistics management at base level under the direct supervision of Logistics Manager at Base and will also act as logistics Manager during his absence from the base. This position will supervise Team of approximately 5 persons at base level.
- Supervision & management of the Logistics department through providing leadership & technical support in order to ensure the implementation of the Fleet, Transportation, Warehousing, Equipment procedures with accordance to ACF KitlogV3.6 procedures, the ACF charter and internal rules and regulations.
- Ensure the respect of ACF Procurement management procedures as per ACF Kit log V3.6. Ensuring the best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records and archiving for compliance and audit reporting.
TASK & RESPONSIBILITIES
Objective 1: Team management & Capacity-Building
- Ensure the Human Resources management of your team (recruitment, job description, introduction briefing action plan, individual follow-up meeting, individual support, appraisals, etc.);
- Manage the planning, task sharing and coordination of your team’s work;
- Ensure the daily management of your team (leave, attendance, meeting, weekly objectives);
- Ensure conflict resolution (personal and professional) within your team and inform your line manager of any issues;
- Working out and monitoring individual action plans for team members as necessary;
- Carry out disciplinary measures if necessary according to the internal regulation and in collaboration with your line manager, the Field Coordinator and the HR Department;
- Ensure that your team has a correct knowledge and compliance with the internal rules and regulations, including respect for ethical standards regarding contact with suppliers and beneficiaries;
- Provide on-the-job training to the staff under your supervision and develop their skills to empower them;
- Identifying the training needs of team members, and recommend trainings
Objective 2. Supervision, Monitoring, and Management of Fleet
- Support and supervise the Base Logistics & Fleet Senior Officer to manage the fleet in accordance with ACF Kit Log procedures and base SOPs
- Ensure that Fleet Policy is implemented, understood and respected on your entire base;
- Ensure the respect of Fleet Management rules (including security rules applicable to vehicle movements) and that the related tools are properly used (Movement Plan, Log Books, Maintenance follow up);
- Define the more relevant means of transportation for passengers and goods;
- Ensure a proper coordination of movement plans;
- Ensure that the monthly fleet database follow-up is properly and accurately filled out;
- Ensure the proper documentation is maintained for every vehicle of the fleet;
- Supervise Logistics Department liaison with the Security Department staff for the obtaining of Travel Permits and submission of deconfliction notices;
- Supervise the management of the fuel stock for ACF-owned vehicles, ensuring the contingency for minimum two months consumption is always in place.
- Monitor vehicle maintenance and ensure that the fleet is serviceable where applicable
Objective 3: Supervision, Monitoring and Management of Transport
- Ensure all transportation conducted by following the procedures outlined in Kit Log
- Identify transport service providers for the base activities, in collaboration with Supply Chain Officers and Logistics Managers;
- Ensure good communication and collaboration between Supply Chain and Warehouse team and base logistics and program teams regarding transportation of materials and equipment;
- Ensure that the team follows the safety standards for all transportation movements;
- Provide support to field teams on transport issues
- Contribute to arranging international transportation if requested by Logistics Manager
Objective 4: Premises & Generator management
- Strictly monitor fuel usage, generator efficiency, and maintenance costs for all generators;
- Supervise the management of the fuel stock, ensuring the contingency for minimum two months consumption is always in place.
- Define the needs and propose solutions in terms of premises, and provide support and supervision to the Base Log officers to ensure the needs are met;
- Ensure that premises meet the safety and security requirements on the entire base
- Ensure the proper follow up of premises contracts
- Supervise the Base Log Officers on the overall maintenance of the ACF premises
Objective 5: Equipment / Asset and Inventory Management:
- Ensure that Equipment list is kept up-to-date;
- Ensure that all ACF assets, equipment and premises inventory are well maintained;
- Ensure that all equipment and inventories are issued to staff as per ACF Kit log procedures, with hard copies maintained in folders, and that repair cards are prepared for any repair;
- Ensure that the Equipment Management Policy is implemented, understood and respected on your entire base
- Train (or supervise the training) users on how to properly use the equipment
- Ensure the accurate update of the follow-up tools
- Ensure that the documents related to equipment management are compliant with ACF policy
Objective 6: Management of Procurement
- Provide support to the Logistics Manager (who will retain line management of the Supply Chain Officers) on procurement issues, when requested and during absences of the Logistics Manager;
- Supervise the Field Logistics Support Officers to ensure that the logistics needs of programs are promptly and efficiently met, including the provision of regular supplies to health facilities or other ACF project sites;
- Supervise the monitoring by Logistics Field Support Officers of construction/rehabilitation projects in the field, ensuring prompt reporting of quality issues or delays in implementation by contractors.
- Contribute to ensuring that all procurements carried out follow Kit Log & Donor procedures, and are conducted according to value-for-money principles;
- Monitor procurement process (including delivery lead times) and make recommendations to address to ensure a smooth and timely process;
- Conduct market surveys to enhance market knowledge, as requested, and ensure updating of the supplier database
- Contribute to frame work agreements for all regular supplies
- Support the program team in drafting and update Project Procurement Plans (PPP) / Supply Plans (SP)
- Closely monitor the management of in kind donations
- Provide support to field teams on procurement issues
Objective 7: Supervision, Monitoring & Management of Stock:
- Provide support to the Logistics Manager (who will retain line management of Supply Chain & Warehouse Officers) on stock management issues, when requested and during absences of the Logistics Manager
- Contribute to ensuring that the management of stocks / warehouses is conducted as per procedures outlined in Kit Log, and that the stock procedures are understood and respected by all relevant staff at the base;
- Ensure that control is done at reception and delivery of items with the support of the applicant if needed;
- Ensure that the stock report and monthly physical inventory are properly done, documented and matched;, and the accurate update of the relevant follow-up tools;
- Monitor the stock level for critical supplies, ensure the alert sent to program teams for low stocks
Objective 8: Accountability & Reporting
- Ensure the timely reporting on Logistics activities under your supervision, as per Kit Log standard
- Contribute to Logistics budget management, under the supervision of the Logistics Manager
- Provide support / feedback to team on records and reporting
- Ensure the proper archiving of all logistics records, and availability for all documents for audit purposes;
- Ensure that all ACF policies (fraud prevention, conflict of interest, PSEA, etc.) promoted and respected by all your team members at all times;
- Provide support as requested to the Logistics Manager and Field Coordinator to ensure Supply Chain activities at base level are conducted professionally and according to relevant procedures;
- Promptly report any unethical behaviour or suspicious issues to your line manager or Field Coordinator.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in a relevant subject (business administration, management, engineering, supply chain) or equivalent training and professional experience
- Minimum 3 years of Logistics work experience for INGO or private sector
- Advanced level of IT Skills (MS Office)
- Demonstrated Team Management & Leadership experience
- Excellent communication, negotiation and conflict mangement skills
- Integrity & honesty
- Ability to identify problems and provide solutions
- Team player and ability to work with tightline deadlines and/or under stress
- Fluent in English
- Experience and knowledge of INGO humanitarian activities
- Good knowledge of the operating context and market in Hodeidah & Hajjah governorates
- Qualification and experience in mechanics, civil engineering or other relevant sector
- Level of the position: Manager.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
ACF offers equal opportunities, however candidates who are residents of “Hodeida /Hajjah” will be considered first and priority given to qualified female and/or persons with a disability.
Application Process: Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 20-06-2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.