Ended Program Coordinator
Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duty Station: Aden governorate with travel to Hadramout and Al Dhale’e.
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Duration of Assignment: 10 months
Deadline : 16 June 2019
Mercy Corps, present in Yemen since 2010, is one of the largest and most active NGOs in the country. Throughout the conflict, Mercy Corps has continued to implement emergency WASH, throughout Yemen. Mercy Corps responds to the immediate needs of the conflict affected population, leveraging its institutional capacity and presence as well as its network of community volunteers, established community committees, and strong relationships with Yemeni civil society, authorities, and vendors. Mercy Corps’ WASH portfolio response in Yemen responds to the priorities faced by host communities, internally displaced people and those affected by and the Cholera epidemic that continues to affect vulnerable populations in Yemen. Following on from the criteria set out in the Yemen WASH Cluster Strategic Operational Framework (March 2018), Mercy Corps works with the WASH Clusters and Local Water and Sanitation Councils (LWSCs) to coordinate our efforts that aim to “To restore or maintain sustainable water and sanitation systems to improve public health. Under the Aden Hub, Mercy Corps has a WASH grant from the Global Affairs Canada which is being implemented in Al-Dhale’e and Lahj. The overall aim of this grant is to reduce suffering, increase and maintain human dignity and save the lives of conflict-affected populations, particularly women and girls in Lahj and Al Dhale’e governorates.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Program Coordinator will contribute to the development of implementation strategy, standards operating procedures, work plans, procurement plans, budget monitoring tools and will be responsible for operational coordination and delivery of activities, services and related resources. This Coordinator will supervise Senor Engineers, Senior Program Officers and will be reporting to Programs Director. The incumbent will represent Mercy Corps to public officials, donors and coordinate with other NGOs (e.g. Attending cluster forums etc.), as guided and approved by senior management. Additionally, the Coordinator will be training staff members and ensuring compliance of all existing & new systems and policies, analyzing of data and summarizing reports with recommendations to supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Leadership and Strategy:
- Participate in strategic planning for the Yemen WASH Response: ensure linkages into overall Yemen programming.
- Assist with proposal development of similar projects including overseeing quality context data collection and analysis
- Work closely with stakeholders to make sure program activities are done as per the proposal and give guidance in this regard.
- Oversee ongoing program management and administration of the teams across the field locations
- Ensure that program implementation is responsive to communities and partners and consistent with Mercy Corps’ relevant program guidelines, principles, values, quality standards and strategic plan.
- Ensure that beneficiaries are effectively targeted according to established vulnerability criteria and standards.
- Ensure that quality services are provided to the community and meets minimum standards
- Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
- Ensure and maintain effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with the program staff, including end user monitoring to ensure that designated beneficiaries are receiving the right quantity and quality items/services
- Adhere to all Mercy Corps area of operations and transport/logistics information related to programming.
- Ensure monitoring systems are in place to ensure program quality
- Proactively facilitate regular and effective coordination meetings (monthly and weekly) between project teams and operations and Finance in coordination with Programs Director and Operations department
- Manage the project to adhere to Mercy Corps’ project management minimum standards to ensure that the project is managed on-scope, on time and on budget.
- Supervise, hire and orient new team members as necessary.
- Provide team members with information, tools and other resources to improve performance and reach objectives.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Contribute to country team building efforts, help team members identify problem solving options and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision making processes.
Operations, Human Resources, Finance and Compliance Management.
- Ensure that the finance management tools such as BVAs are reviewed and submitted on time to your supervisor
- In Coordination with Programs Director and Operation Officers, ensure that project related procurement is conducted according to Mercy Corps and donor procurement policies and procedures. You will be responsible for inputting of all relevant information into the procurement plan
- Ensure all program staff are aware of and adhere to all Mercy Corps Yemen operational and human resources policies and procedures including code of conduct.
- Facilitate timely staff appraisals
- Share feedback from project team with head of office, Security management regarding security situation in project field sites.
- Ensure project staff members are aware of Mercy Corps Yemen community messaging guidelines.
- Ensure Compliance with Mercy Corps Yemen security policies and procedures and ensure that project team members are aware and adhere to Mercy Corps Yemen policies and procedures.
- Maintain internal and external relationships to ensure program success including contacts with government Offices and country program offices, international and local NGOs working in the WASH sector related WASH programming, beneficiaries and general public.
- Identify, coordinate and partner with local and international partners.
- Coordinate closely with WASH cluster as required.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Ensure that Operations Staff support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Ensure that Operations Staff conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: SR. Program Officer and SR. WASH Engineer
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH
OFDA Program Manager
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced University degree within relevant technical, administrative or professional field.
- 5 to 6 years of experience within a relevant context.
- Prior experience in budget management, report writing (donor quality) and coordination of staff and activities.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to work semi-independently.
- Very strong and good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Strong computer skills in standard, office programs.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Strong judgement and adherence to set policies and procedures.
Interested candidates should apply for the position copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar. And following the instructions :