Ended Stabilization Assistant (2)
Job Title: Stabilization Assistant
Reports To: Stabilization officer
Location: Abyan, Yemen
No of positions : 2
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in seven governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, Sana’a, Ibb, and Dhamar). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
Stabilization Assistant Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative or technical support within activity area.
- Assist Stabilization officer in ensuring quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of stabilization activities.
- Carry out all stabilization data entry.
- Ensure data is managed with high quality.
- Support development of and ensure adherence to the workplan
- Ensure projects/activities are implemented on time,
- Through liaison with the community, stabilization assistant provide effective follow up of the project.
- Ensure all documentation for the management of stability studies is complete within the agreed timeframes.
- Work closely with Local authority and civil community.
- Daily reporting to Stabilization Officer and update him/her by new daily updates.
- Carry out administrative tasks.
- carry out any other tasks requested by line Manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must be a dynamic, multi-functional person, who supports stabilization with professionalism, dedication, and client orientation. The following qualifications are required:
- Bachelor in Science, or equivalent professional qualification.
- Fluency in local language.
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with following standard procedures and guidelines.
Normal office environment, however, due to the nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Based in Taiz and able to travel.
From June 2019 until May 15, 2021.
The application should consist of a one-page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. The cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207
- The position is open until it is filled.