Ended Logistics Assistant
Location of position: Aden, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running three emergency projects with an integrated FSL and WASH approach mostly in Lahj and Taiz governorates.
The position will be based at the Coordination Office, in Aden.
The Duration of the contract will be 5 months.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks
The logistics assistant work under Logistics Coordinator, supports the Logistics Coordination team in Aden in implementing and supervising all logistical activities at his/her assigned base.
In particular, he/she lends support to carrying out all logistics activities such as Fleet Management, Asset Management, ICT Managemnt, Facilities Management of Aden Offices and he is in charge of guards and drivers in Aden.
List of main activities:
Management of vehicle fleet
- Draw up the vehicle schedule according to mission’s needs
- Ensure that a complete breakdown kit is available on board all vehicles
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
- Inspect and control the condition of vehicles, verify that the proposed rental vehicles comply with SI regulations
- Ensure that drivers are aware of their obligation to adhere to SI safety rules and procedures
- Monitor the administrative documents for all vehicles
- Issue all the documents for the payment on a monthly basis.
- Regularly inspect Solidarités International offices and living accommodation to assess what work is necessary
- Ensure regular maintenance of Solidarités installations/equipment/facilities including electricity (AC) and plumbing
- Oversee all work on SI premises in Aden (construction, repairs, etc.) ordered by the manager
- Make propositions for improvements and/or correction of installations/equipment/facilities
- Make sure enough stock of supplies (hygiene Items, cleaning items and other required supplies) is available
- Check on a monthly basis emergency stocks and timely prepare request for replenishing as required
- Responsible for domestic flight booking as per SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL flight SOP.
Durable Equipment Management
- Organize the installation, safe-guarding and monitoring of materials
- Update Park Statement (Durable Equipment Inventory) and the responsibility follow up regularly
- Ensure regular maintenance of equipment, update maintenance and reparation follow up accordingly.
- Install communication means and ensure that they are regularly maintained
- Organize training sessions on the use of means of communication
- Follow up on generator fuel consumption, and organize regular maintenance of the generator
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
- Provide teams with adequate means for data backup and implement backup and data-protection procedures
- Make sure that the cleaning of computers is done systematically and update antivirus software
- Ensure the continuous general training of drivers/guards and regularly test their knowledge.
- Make the team of drivers/guards accountable for complying with SI procedures and security regulations.
- Consult the line manager for any problem raised or caused by a driver/guards.
- Supervise Radio Operator
- Update and consolidate regularly Fuel Follow Up, Park Statement, Responsibility Follow Up and Maintenance and Reparation Follow Up for Aden and pass on to the Logistics Coordinator every month
- File and archive all the related logistics documents.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line Manager: Logistics Coordinator
Line Report (on base):
- AutoCad, EPANET, GIS and Excel Proficiency.
- Kobo Proficiency is strongly preferred.
- Proven experience in the design of centralized and decentralized water networks.
- Proven experience in the design of sanitation facilities.
- Proven previous experience in the assessment of WASH needs.
- Proven previous experience in project management.
- Proven previous experience with M&E of programs, rapid situational analysis and rapid response capacity, and monitoring.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented mindset.
Profile required :
- Diploma in logistics, supply chain or other related field
- At least 1 year in a similar position, for private or NGO sector
- Prior NGO/INGO experience of 6 months minimum
- Experience in Emergency response is an advantage
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Good understanding of the security context
- Proactive, motivated, honest and rigorous
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarites International by email to: email@example.com
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline.
Final date for applications: 22th of June, 2019.