Ended Procurement & Logistics Assistant
Position: Procurement & Logistics Assistant
Reports to: Operations Coordinator
Duration: Till December 31, 2019, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Procurement & Logistics Assistant responsible for making sure products reach their destinations safely, securely, on-time and in accordance with ADRA Policy. Part of the Procurement & Logistic Team in charge of governing transportation and fleet efforts. Job duties vary by occupation and the materials or products managed.
The “: Procurement & Logistics Assistant” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Collect quotations for all purchase according to the ADRA Yemen procurement policy.
- Prepare quotation analysis sheet.
- Prepare procurement contracts and submit them to the Project Manager for approval as requested.
- Make the purchase order for any approved items according to ADRA procurement policy.
- Follow up with vendors to receive goods and check them and pay them.
- Deliver all items and goods to the warehouse.
- Supervise and schedule the drivers and vehicles to coordinate between them and avoid the conflict of interest.
- Submit detailed records of purchases as per the Procurement Tracking
- Ensure that the monthly Bills are paid regularly if requested.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by his /her supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A university degree in relevant field is required.
- English Language (Writing and speaking) is required.
- Two Years of Experience in INGOs is Preferred
- Very good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, Power Point).
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and reporting in a timely manner.
- Team work and Management skills.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Sunday, June 16, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.