Ended Protection Project Manager (Re-Advertised)
Position: Project Manager
Reports to: Senior Program Manager
Duration: Till March 31, 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The Project Manager will oversee and manage the entire project. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of project activities on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects including financial and program planning and reporting. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare quality reports for upper management and donor regarding status of project.
The “Project Manager” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of the project in accordance with proposal, donor agreement and ADRA Yemen policies and guidelines, and ensure projects are implemented to a high quality, on time and against agreed work plans
- Develop and Submit accurate, informative and quality monthly, quarterly and annual reports and workplans, as per the set out scheduled in accordance to the donor’s regulations and requirements
- Develop and foster good relationships with other INGOs, national NGOs, relevant clusters and local authorities in the implementation sites
- Collaborate with the finance, programs and logistics teams to ensure that the project is effectively monitored against approved outputs and budgets and ensure the preparation and regular updating of activity plans, the project budget and procurement plans
- Develop comprehensive project work plans and detailed implementation plans including procurement plans to be shared with Program Manager as well as Donor
- Develop and ensure appropriate monitoring tools and strategy to monitor the progress and quality and impact of the project and its implementation.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Attend cluster, conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Facilitate for building capacity of Project Team.
- Any other task which may be reasonably requested to be undertaken within the scope of this post.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, social work, community &/or International development, law, psychology, business administration &/or Management, Human Rights or relevant field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in project management of a social &/or service community center preferably in an NGO context working with IDPs, refugees and returnees
- Knowledge of working with clusters, UN Agencies and aspects of mainstreaming and accountability
- Extensive experience in models and methods of training, facilitation and capacity building, Project Management and organizational development for staffs, communities
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner. Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts.
- Ability to plan and organize work within a fluid working environment and has the capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both languages’ Arabic and English
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office – MS Word, MS-Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS-Outlook etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel to field sites and work in remote locations, often for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to work under pressure
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Sunday, June 16, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.