Ended Field Engineer
Job title: Field Engineer
Project name: Support Reproductive Health Services Project
Work based on: Aden with frequent field visits to the governorates (Abyan, Shabwa, Al Dhalea and Aden)
Field medical foundation (FMF)
FMF is a non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to provide health, nutrition, food security and protection services as a humanitarian response to the escalating socio economic situation in Yemen since 2012
The Field Engineer is to be responsible for ensuring the quality of technical works (construction and rehabilitation works) to be conducted according to FMF and Donors' standards, including that works are properly conducted in terms of quality (respecting international construction standards material), deadlines accomplishment, site safety and security and supervising constructors’ performance when required
Overall, the purpose of the Field Engineer’s position is to work closely with program teams for the efficient implementation of the Rehabilitation activities as part of FMF Program Team, he/she must undertake and complete all the construction related tasks and requirements.
- Carry out technical studies-(designing/reviewing/developing construction)- related documents (e.g. designs, BOQ, tender documents, news ad, monitoring forms and payment disbursement forms/documents)
- Plan program construction/rehabilitation activities in coordination with the program’s staffs.
- Determine scope for chosen works, including technical specifications
- Assess on-site progress and participate in site identification to develop a site selection criteria list, as per the technical assessment
- Participate in the tender analysis process and contracting, as per PM’s request, and ensure tenders are carried out according to FMF standards.
- Develop new field/construction management/monitoring plans, in line with other activities, to ensure coordination and efficient use of resources.
- Supervision of Contractor in the field to ensure the construction/rehabilitation works are implemented properly and with line of agreed specifications.
- Assist program team in all soft work activities (carrying out baseline survey/Assessments, formation of community committees).
- Conduct frequent field visit to ensure contractors are respecting all aspects of FMF standards
- Provide capacity building to program technical staff and all WASH activities in the field.
- Solve any problems that may happen in the field by coordination with the relevant sides (community committees, Community leaders and Local Authority and report it to the program assistant.
- Any other to sales required from his/her line supervise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Good communication skills with the communities
- Knowledge of designing and construction
- Experience in conducting trainings on relevant activates
- Very good skills in English.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Field activities
- Ability to work under pressure
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, both in English, to Field Medical Foundation ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) with the title of the position you are applying for in the title of email.