Ended Project Assistant (2)
ZOA is a Netherlands based International NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on their RECOVERY until they can take care of their livelihoods. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Hodeidah, Al Mahwit and Aden Governorates. ZOA Yemen is currently seeking for national qualified candidates for:
Project Assistant – 2 positions
The Project Assistant is the focal person in engaging with the communities and assist the officers in beneficiary and location identification, in communication, facilitation and follow up of project implementation.
The Project Assistant has been assigned with responsibility and holds delegated authority for:
Assist in Needs Identification:
- Explore the areas in need within the district and communities.
- Be involved in needs assessments on the target population
- Identify target areas according to donor criteria
- Identify vulnerable population and target beneficiaries according to the donor criteria
- Work closely community leaders and community volunteers and disseminate project related information and ZOA’s plans in the target location.
- Inform the project officers about issues/problems in the field and propose solutions to overcome and resolve the issues/ problems.
- Inform the communities about ZOA’s selection criteria; project conditions and project deliverables.
- Supervise the foremen and community mobilisers in the field
- Monitor project implementation on a daily basis
- Ensure that materials and tools/equipment kept in the field are well maintained and protected
- Assist the Project Officers in establishing community committees and support ZOA work implementation in the field
- Be involved in training the community committees and participate in the community committee meetings
- Assist Project officers in paying and recording community labour and C4W at the field locations.
- Collect beneficiary lists with complete information and contribute to the physical verification when it’s needed.
- Be involved in data collection during baseline/ progress and end term assessments
- Fill out all (monitoring) forms provided by the officers and submit them on a weekly basis
- Ensure that the goods delivery and reception is followed up and well documented.
- Submit weekly reports to the WASH Project officers.
- Local authorities
- Sheikhs and community leaders
- Contractors, suppliers
- Field base team
- Community mobilisers
- Good in spoken and written English
- Fluent in spoken and written Arabic
- Completed secondary school
- Diploma in related field
- Computer skills (word and excel)
- Adhere to ZOA values.
- Adhere to the humanitarian values and willing to serve poor communities
- Planning and organizational skills related to work and time management
- Can “think outside the box” to generate new ideas and ways of implementation
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Judgement and problem solving
- Good communicator
- Willingness to learn and be trained and be challenged to grow
VI. Special requirements
Willingness to be based in the District areas.
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2019 with possibility for extension
Please send your cover letter and CV, together with 3 recent references in English with reference to the applied position to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
It is highly important that you mention the job title in the Subject field of your email in order to be considered for this vacancy. Kindly put the following in the subject field: Project Assistant (Hodeidah)
يرجى ذكر إسم الوظيفة مع المدينة في حقل موضوع البريد الإلكتروني عند التقديم
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and only completed applications will be accepted
Deadline for application: 17th of June 2019