Ended Radio Operator (MMO)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International, independently funded, non-profit, humanitarian medical organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural and man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSF is currently recruiting for the following position based in Taiz City:
Name: RADIO OPERATOR (MMO) 60% contract
Report to: LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR
Report to functional: PC ASSISTANT
Area: LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY
Location: TAIZ CITY PROJECT
Monitoring movements of MSF vehicles and maintaining contacts during movement according to MSF security standard operating procedure and security policy, to ensure close movement follow up and mitigation of associated risks
- Ensuring that messages are well copied/passed to all people concerned and recording the messages on the log book. Responding to contacts from other organizations and forwarding information.
- Making contacts with reference bases (capital and/or field) according to communication rules / schedules and forwarding all information concerning the security of the teams to the Project/Capital Coordinator.
- Monitoring and registering any movement, of people, vehicles
,and cargo, (departure, arrival, number of passengers, route taken, standard contact points) and informing line manager of any delays.
- Installing, operating and performing preventive maintenance checks on assigned equipment, checking that the equipment is working properly and immediately informing the line manager of any damage/loss/theft. Maintaining the equipment, communications room and premises in clean and tidy conditions.
- Providing basic communications training when necessary to MSF staff.
MSF Section/Context Specific Activities
- Closely monitors and tracks each movement of people & vehicles, (departure, arrival, number of passengers, route taken, standard contact points) and informs line-manager of any delays or deviations
- Closely monitors the local security situation including war-related conflicts and intercommunal clashes in Taiz City, neighboring districts, travel destinations and routes used by MSF , and reports the security situation to PC/ PC assist on daily basis , before and during movements to support decision making
- Supports follow- up of movement of cargo.
- Accompanies all expat movements out of Taiz City, (including movements to Aden or Taiz Houban) as security responsible and communications responsible, including communications at checkpoints or wherever necessary
- Translates verbal communications on movements Arabic-English-Arabic whenever necessary
- Registers and monitors the loan of any communication equipment (i.e. mobile phones) to all staff, and reports status to Log Supervisor on monthly basis
- Provides briefings and trainings of all MSF staff about movement standard operating procedures and rules in Yemen, especially for new expat staff, and ensures the adherence to MSF security rules during movements
- Manages the diesel fuel stock and reports to Log supervisor on monthly basis
- In case of road incidents and in absence of trained medical personnel, is able to offer emergency first aid
Staff are not allowed to chew QAT during working hours. Under no circumstances are firearms/weapons allowed in MSF vehicles or on MSF premises. The above-mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and staff may be assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by their line manager.
- Desirable secondary education.
- Desirable work experience as communications responsible in related jobs.
- English and Arabic essential.
- Essential basic knowledge on mathematics, mechanical, electronic principles.
- Excellent communication skills
- Results and quality oriented.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Behavioral flexibility.
- Commitment to MSF Principles.
- Good stress management.
All applicants should submit an application letter (explaining relevant experience and motivation), CV, Copies of relevant Degrees, recommendation letters, if any, along with a copy of Yemeni National ID Card by email at email@example.com (Email subject line must be " Movement Operator (MMO) " + Applicant’s Name) or by hardcopy at MSF Office Taiz City, Al Thawra hospital mentioning the job applied for.
NOTE: Applications should be in English ONLY.
Closing date: Sunday 18 June 2019 at 5:00pm.
- NO transportation and NO per diems will be provided during recruitment procedure.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and dates for exams/tests and interviews will be communicated with them after the closing date.
- Applicants who do not have an identity card will not be selected for the test.