Ended General Surgeon
VACANCY: GENERAL SURGEON
Position status: Full-time
Location: Al Qaieda
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Organize and carry out surgery activities, ensure pre and post-operative surgical care, in accordance with MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in close collaboration with medical staff in the emergency, intensive wards and operation theatre in order to improve patients’ health conditions.
- Applies MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols ( antibiotic prophylaxis, post-operative pain management, thrombo-prophylaxis, caesarean section, blood transfusion, etc) and recommendations (standard hygiene and sterilization rules, prevention to HIV, TB, Syphilis and Hep B exposure) in order to ensure high slandered quality of care according to MSF standards.
- Participates according to schedule, morning round in ICU and IPD: assess surgical patients, define treatment plan and fill in all the indication on the patients file. Ensure the ICU and IPD MD in charge fully understand the plan and support them in the management of cases.
- Undertake pre-operative consultations, evaluating the surgical risks with the anaesthetist, and obtaining the patient’s signed consent to operate after all the risks and complications of the surgery have been explained and understood to/ from the patient.
- Carry out emergency and programmed surgical intervention following MSF protocols and policies, ensuring appropriate use of surgical equipment and proper OT data recording.
- Carry out post-operative clinical care and ward rounds collaborating with the anaesthetist, the Operating Theatre Nurse and ward staff or other Unit Managers to ensure high quality of care to patients.
- Support colleagues in ER when needed during emergencies and during follow-up days.
- In collaboration with the anaesthetist, and OT team makes sure that all patients data are well recorded in the Pt file and all the data of surgical interventions are well recorded in OT register.
- Cooperate to the emergency disaster response in case of maxive afflux of wounds according to the plan.
- Cooperate in training colleagues of other department and OT in surgical topics.
- Essential, bachelore in surgical specialty recognized by the State. Valid Medical licence is essential.
- Minimum five years experience as surgeon. Experience in plastic surgery is an asset. Experience in obstetrics emergencies mandatory.
- Desirable previous experience in MSF projects.
- Essential Arabic and English
Only applicants submitting those document their application will be review a CV, cover letter , Valid ID and copy of certificates, Valid medical licences and further supporting documents
To: Al Qaeda Hospital – CV drop box
Or by email to : MSFCH-Kilo-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org subject: “GENERAL SURGEON _Al Qaedah”
(be aware to the MSF reception rules – drop it in an envelope with your name & the position applied for on it)
Deadline for the submission of Applications is 5:00 PM 15th June 2019.
Only applications in English will be considered.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted!
CV’s that do not have attached a copy of the ID card will NOT BE CONSIDERED for the recruitment. Note that MSF cannot employ under contract any candidate that does not possess a valid ID card which can be used to register the contract with the Social Security Office and the Tax office